BUG #2063: Unsupported frontend protocol

From
"neeraj chaudhari"
Date:

Bug reference:      2063
Logged by:          neeraj chaudhari
Email address:      neerajchaudhari@yahoo.co.in
PostgreSQL version: 8.0.4
Operating system:   Red Hat linux 9.0
Details:

Hi,
 i have recently installed postgresql 8.0.4 on my red hat linux 9.0 box, i
have configured, make & installed successfully. The application server which
i use is jboss-3.2.6. Now whenever i start my database server (postgresql
8.0.4) and then my application server, i receive the following messages on
my database server:-

[ethuser@ethrl-edu32 pgsql]$ ./setenv
[ethuser@ethrl-edu32 pgsql]$ postmaster -D /usr/pgsql/data/
LOG:  database system was shut down at 2005-11-22 11:39:34 IST
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/D9CF8C
LOG:  redo record is at 0/D9CF8C; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction id: 30928; next oid: 19697
LOG:  database system is ready
FATAL:  unsupported frontend protocol
FATAL:  unsupported frontend protocol
FATAL:  unsupported frontend protocol
FATAL:  unsupported frontend protocol
FATAL:  unsupported frontend protocol

  Then to i am able to connect to the database & access & modify the
records.

regards,
Neeraj

Re: BUG #2063: Unsupported frontend protocol

From
"Qingqing Zhou"