COPY in readonly transaction.

From
"Alon Goldshuv"
Date:
In the folllowing check (copy.c:DoCopy() ), I *think* that the check for the
is_from flag is mistakenly negated. is_from means -> from file to database,
therefore we should check for <XactReadOnly && is_from>, and not
<XactReadOnly && !is_from>. The current code allows loading and disallows
reading in read-only.

/* check read-only transaction */
if (XactReadOnly && !is_from &&
    !isTempNamespace(RelationGetNamespace(cstate->rel)))
    ereport(ERROR,
            (errcode(ERRCODE_READ_ONLY_SQL_TRANSACTION),
             errmsg("transaction is read-only")));

Alon.

Re: COPY in readonly transaction.

Date:
"Alon Goldshuv" <agoldshuv@greenplum.com> writes:
> In the folllowing check (copy.c:DoCopy() ), I *think* that the check for the
> is_from flag is mistakenly negated.

Yeah, it's definitely backward :-(  Will fix.

            regards, tom lane