Errors using Postgres 7.4.6

From
"Daniel Agut"
Date:
Hello,

=20

We are developing under the following platform:

=20

*    Postgres 7.4.6
*    Tomcat 4.1
*    Suse Linux 9.2
*    Hibernate

=20

We are obtaining some problems with the application.  We get the next
message in the postgres log which makes that the application fails:

=20

*    ERROR:  invalid string enlargement request size 1358954492

=20

Other times, is Tomcat which writes the following errors to its log:

=20

*    Unknown Response Type

=20

Does it exist any incompatibility between Postgres 7.4.6 and the other
technologies we are using?

=20

Thanks for your help.

=20

Regards,

=20

Daniel Agut Rebollo
Departamento de eBusiness Solutions
DAVINCI Consulting Tecnol=F3gico
Tel.: +34  93.594.67.00 (Ext. 303)
M=F3vil: +34  630.62.03.07

Fax: +34  93.580.28.93
Email: daniel.agut@dvc.es

=20

Re: Errors using Postgres 7.4.6

From
Michael Fuhr
Date:
On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 01:38:13PM +0100, Daniel Agut wrote:

> *    ERROR:  invalid string enlargement request size 1358954492

There was a similar thread about this a few months ago -- might you
be having the same problem?

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2004-09/msg00054.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2004-09/msg00104.php

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

Re: Errors using Postgres 7.4.6

Date:
"Daniel Agut" <daniel.agut@dvc.es> writes:
> We are obtaining some problems with the application.  We get the next
> message in the postgres log which makes that the application fails:
> *    ERROR:  invalid string enlargement request size 1358954492
> Other times, is Tomcat which writes the following errors to its log:
> *    Unknown Response Type

Apparently the server and client are getting out-of-sync about where
message boundaries fall.  I suppose this must indicate a bug in the
client library --- we have not heard of any bugs in the server that
would make it fail to follow the protocol spec.  What is the lowest-level
Postgres client library you are using?

            regards, tom lane