BUG #1476: on Xeon 2.8 can't instaling source

From
"Sinisa Zivanovic"
Date:

Bug reference:      1476
Logged by:          Sinisa Zivanovic
Email address:      pcbiro@yahoo.com
PostgreSQL version: 7.3.2
Operating system:   SuSE 8.2
Details:

on Xeon 2.8
./configure is ok
gmake don know what to do - compaling all day !

---------------------
on AMD K8 3.0 is ok!

Re: BUG #1476: on Xeon 2.8 can't instaling source

Date:
Sinisa Zivanovic wrote:

> Bug reference:      1476
> Logged by:          Sinisa Zivanovic
> Email address:      pcbiro@yahoo.com
> PostgreSQL version: 7.3.2
> Operating system:   SuSE 8.2
> Details:
>
> on Xeon 2.8
> ./configure is ok
> gmake don know what to do - compaling all day !
> ---------------------
> on AMD K8 3.0 is ok!

Buggy compiler?  It should compile in 1-3 minutes on that machine.

Re: BUG #1476: on Xeon 2.8 can't instaling source

Date:
> Sinisa Zivanovic wrote:
>> gmake don know what to do - compaling all day !

> Buggy compiler?  It should compile in 1-3 minutes on that machine.

System clock set way in the past?

            regards, tom lane

Re: BUG #1476: on Xeon 2.8 can't instaling source

From
Hans-Jürgen Schönig
Date:
Bruce Momjian wrote:

>Sinisa Zivanovic wrote:
>

>>The following bug has been logged online:
>>
>>Bug reference:      1476
>>Logged by:          Sinisa Zivanovic
>>Email address:      pcbiro@yahoo.com
>>PostgreSQL version: 7.3.2
>>Operating system:   SuSE 8.2
>>Details:
>>
>>on Xeon 2.8
>>./configure is ok
>>gmake don know what to do - compaling all day !
>>on AMD K8 3.0 is ok!
>>

>Buggy compiler?  It should compile in 1-3 minutes on that machine.

If I understand you problem right, the solution is fairly simple.
Check your system date. I remeber seeing configure running for ever on
some operating system when you change the system date to 1970 or so (I
think tar xvfz would issue a warning in this case anyway).

Maybe this helps.
   Regards,
      Hans