config option --with-pgport does not update postgresql.conf

From
"Josh Berkus"
Date:
Folks,

Severity: trivial
Version:  8.0rc1
Platform: SuSE Linux 9.2, Celeron 1800mhz laptop

On a lark, I tried compiling RC1 using --with-pgport=5480, since I'm
still using 7.4 on this machine as well.   Once I finished INITDB,
though, the generated postgresql.conf file still had:
#port = 5432

This could be quite confusing to DBAs who were not aware that PG had
been compiled with a different default.

Re: config option --with-pgport does not update postgresql.conf

Date:
"Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> On a lark, I tried compiling RC1 using --with-pgport=5480, since I'm
> still using 7.4 on this machine as well.   Once I finished INITDB,
> though, the generated postgresql.conf file still had:
> #port = 5432

Well, this isn't the only place where postgresql.conf may lie about the
actual default ... but it seems to be the only place where we don't
warn you about it.  I added code to initdb to replace this by the
correct compiled-in default.

            regards, tom lane