BUG #1319: Windows LIB file libecpg.lib not in build or package

From
"PostgreSQL Bugs List"
Date:

Bug reference:      1319
Logged by:          Tom O'Connell

Email address:      toconnell@bphnx.com

PostgreSQL version: 8.0 Beta

Operating system:   Windows 2000 Professional

Details:

The PostgreSQl version 8 BETA 4 package does not contain a libecpg.lib file.
 The build does not contain a Windows DEF file for libecpg.

I was able to create the DEF file and LIB file for libecpg.  I have run a
few tests and the interface is working.

A lib file is shipped in ..\lib\ms for the libpq interface.

Re: BUG #1319: Windows LIB file libecpg.lib not in build or package

Date:
Is there some problem with using ecpg on Win32?  I was not aware of one.

PostgreSQL Bugs List wrote:

> Bug reference:      1319
> Logged by:          Tom O'Connell
>
> Email address:      toconnell@bphnx.com
>
> PostgreSQL version: 8.0 Beta
>
> Operating system:   Windows 2000 Professional

> Details:
>
> The PostgreSQl version 8 BETA 4 package does not contain a libecpg.lib file.
>  The build does not contain a Windows DEF file for libecpg.
>
> I was able to create the DEF file and LIB file for libecpg.  I have run a
> few tests and the interface is working.
>
> A lib file is shipped in ..\lib\ms for the libpq interface.

Re: BUG #1319: Windows LIB file libecpg.lib not in build or package

From
"Magnus Hagander"
Date:
AFAIK, we don't support ecpg with MSVC, only with MingW. Meaning it
hasn't been verified to work. But it should be Ok to generate LIB files
from the DLL and use those - just not tested. I don't see why it
shouldn't work...

If it does work we should consider adding MSVC import libraries in the
MSI build. Dave - we do this for some other package already, don't we?

//Magnus

Oh, ecpg is a library and a binary but it seems it might work.  Added to
TODO:

    * Allow ecpg to work with MSVC and BCC

Re: BUG #1319: Windows LIB file libecpg.lib not in build or package

From
"Dave Page"