Sugestion

From
"Julinho"
Date:
I would like to sugest a control panel ou icontray interface to postgre lik=
e service manager in MSSQL (icontray) or the Firebird Server manager (contr=
ol panel).
It would be very nice to control de service!=

Re: Sugestion

From
Andreas Pflug
Julinho wrote:
> I would like to sugest a control panel ou icontray interface to postgre
> like service manager in MSSQL (icontray) or the Firebird Server manager
> (control panel).
> It would be very nice to control de service!

I never understood what that tray icon should be good for (beyond
filling up the tray with colourful useless stuff). Usually a server
process is started when the machine starts, and stopped when switched off.
To control the pgsql service, you can do this in pgAdmin III, in
addition to the usual services applet.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Sugestion

From
Gaetano Mendola
Date:
Andreas Pflug wrote:

 > Julinho wrote:
 >
 >> I would like to sugest a control panel ou icontray interface to
 >> postgre like service manager in MSSQL (icontray) or the Firebird
 >> Server manager (control panel).
 >> It would be very nice to control de service!
 >

 > I never understood what that tray icon should be good for (beyond
 > filling up the tray with colourful useless stuff). Usually a server
 > process is started when the machine starts, and stopped when switched off.
 > To control the pgsql service, you can do this in pgAdmin III, in
 > addition to the usual services applet.

Because a window user expect to have the applications running visible on
the traybar; and also is annoyng
start->control panel->administrative-tools->service->...
I know is possible to do the same with a CLI but we are speaking about
windows users.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola