BUG #1196: I can not to install Postgresql-7.4.3

From
"PostgreSQL Bugs List"
Date:

Bug reference:      1196
Logged by:          Ertan Geldiev

Email address:      geldievertan@yahoo.com

PostgreSQL version: 7.4

Operating system:   Slackware Linux 10

Details:

on my Slackware 10 Linux  PC with processor Intel Celeron 400.
When i do ./configure it is going OK.
When I do gmake - the window shows that  gmake is  doing some same
operations about 2-3 hours without stopping and I stop the gmake with
control-d and I have a serious problem.
I am not sure where is the problem in Slackware Linux 10 or in the
postgresql-7.4.3?

I will be happy if you help me to resolve the problem.

With best regards

Re: BUG #1196: I can not to install Postgresql-7.4.3

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
PostgreSQL Bugs List wrote:
> on my Slackware 10 Linux  PC with processor Intel Celeron 400.
> When i do ./configure it is going OK.
> When I do gmake - the window shows that  gmake is  doing some same
> operations about 2-3 hours without stopping and I stop the gmake with
> control-d and I have a serious problem.

Maybe the clock on your system is not properly operating?

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: BUG #1196: I can not to install Postgresql-7.4.3

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
On Sun, Jul 18, 2004 at 06:04:11PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> PostgreSQL Bugs List wrote:
> > on my Slackware 10 Linux  PC with processor Intel Celeron 400.
> > When i do ./configure it is going OK.
> > When I do gmake - the window shows that  gmake is  doing some same
> > operations about 2-3 hours without stopping and I stop the gmake with
> > control-d and I have a serious problem.
>
> Maybe the clock on your system is not properly operating?

Or maybe there's a network filesystem involved, and the server clock
does not match the client clock?

"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins, nor is he early.
He arrives precisely when he means to."  (Gandalf, en LoTR FoTR)