Migration 7.3 to 7.4 Numeric values using PQ_ interface

From
Paul Billington
Date:
Hi,       I have been using the C libraries with version
7.33 to retrieve data with success. Now I have
migrated to 7.4., although using the psql client all
looks fine my integer values returned through the
programmatic interface are wild, e.g. should be 101
and is 7236487.

Char and varchar are fine. Has something changed
radically in this release that could cause a binary
incompatibility?
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Paul

http://www.yahoo.co.uk/robbiewilliams

Re: Migration 7.3 to 7.4 Numeric values using PQ_ interface

Date:
Paul Billington <paulfwb@yahoo.com> writes:
>         I have been using the C libraries with version
> 7.33 to retrieve data with success. Now I have
> migrated to 7.4., although using the psql client all
> looks fine my integer values returned through the
> programmatic interface are wild, e.g. should be 101
> and is 7236487.

Hmm, are you using binary cursors?  We changed the on-the-wire format
for binary data to be more portable ...
        regards, tom lane