7.5devel - duplicate error message

From
Dennis Bjorklund
Date:
In current cvs I get

dennis=# CREATE FUNCTION foo () returns int AS 'select a;' language 'sql';
ERROR:  column "a" does not exist
ERROR:  column "a" does not exist

It should only be one error.

--
/Dennis

Re: 7.5devel - duplicate error message

From
Kris Jurka
Date:
On Sun, 16 Nov 2003, Dennis Bjorklund wrote:

> In current cvs I get
>
> dennis=# CREATE FUNCTION foo () returns int AS 'select a;' language 'sql';
> ERROR:  column "a" does not exist
> ERROR:  column "a" does not exist
>
> It should only be one error.

Is there any chance you started the postmaster in the background and then
started psql on the same terminal so you get one error reported to the
server and one to the client?

Kris Jurka

Date:
On Sun, 16 Nov 2003, Kris Jurka wrote:

> > It should only be one error.
>
> Is there any chance you started the postmaster in the background and then
> started psql on the same terminal so you get one error reported to the
> server and one to the client?

There is a very big chance that I did :-)

Thanks!

--
/Dennis