lower('Å') or upper('å') gives improper results.

From
"Neha Kasat"
Date:
Hi,

Please find the output of the simple query :

sfa_db=> select upper('å');
 upper
-------
(1 row)

PostGRESql doesn't convert the special characters like Å, Ò, etc into their lower case when using function lower and
vice-versawhen using upper.

Neha

Re: lower('Å') or upper('å') gives imp

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Neha Kasat writes:

> PostGRESql doesn't convert the special characters like Å, Ò, etc into
> their lower case when using function lower and vice-versa when using
> upper.

It does if you select the right locale.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Re: lower('Å') or upper('å') gives imp

Date:
> Neha Kasat writes:
>> PostGRESql doesn't convert the special characters like �, �, etc into
>> their lower case when using function lower and vice-versa when using
>> upper.

> It does if you select the right locale.

... and character set.  We don't have support for this yet in multibyte
character sets (like Unicode).  You need to pick an appropriate ISOnnnn
encoding and a suitable locale setting.

            regards, tom lane