Detecting proper bison version before make

From
"Greg Sabino Mullane"
Date:

Re: Detecting proper bison version before make

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Greg Sabino Mullane writes:

> Can the configure script be made to check for a proper version of bison?

Normally the parser files are prebuild and bison is never invoked.  So it
seems wasteful to do a bunch of checking for this rare case.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Re: Detecting proper bison version before make

Date:
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Greg Sabino Mullane writes:
>
> > Can the configure script be made to check for a proper version of bison?
>
> Normally the parser files are prebuild and bison is never invoked.  So it
> seems wasteful to do a bunch of checking for this rare case.

Well, someone asked for it, and we already check for bison, so we might
as well check for a version that actually works.  Now, if you are
suggesting we remove both bison checks, I could understand that.  Are
you?