Important typo fix for hba.c in 7.4

From
Bruno Wolff III
Date:
A typo in src/backend/libpq/hba.c breaks local ident authentication
in the SO_PEERCRED case. elif is misspelled as elsif for the test.
A patch is attached.

Attachment

Re: Important typo fix for hba.c in 7.4

Date:
Patch applied.  Thanks.

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> A typo in src/backend/libpq/hba.c breaks local ident authentication
> in the SO_PEERCRED case. elif is misspelled as elsif for the test.
> A patch is attached.

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Re: Important typo fix for hba.c in 7.4

Date:
> [ #elsif should be #elif ]

Yuck.  I wonder why gcc doesn't complain about this sort of thing?

            regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:
> Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to> writes:
> > [ #elsif should be #elif ]
>
> Yuck.  I wonder why gcc doesn't complain about this sort of thing?

I don't think gcc every sees it.  I think cpp should complain, but cpp
skips right over it because it is not in a block of code it has to worry
about.  In this example:

    #ifdef SDF
    #asdfasf
    #endif
    #lkjasdf

the first one doesn't generate a warning, while the second does.

This code got in there as part of the OpenBSD support for local ident,
either from the patch or my sloppy fingers.