Bug #854: configure file and tcl/tk

From
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Date:
terry hughes (terryhugheskirkcudbright@fsmail.net) reports a bug with a severity of 3

Short Description
configure file and tcl/tk

Long Description
I have succesfully run configure and gmake with no arguments.

All works ok but of course i can't get pgaccess

I added the arguments to configure

--with-tcl  --with-tclConfig=/usr/lib, --with-tkConfig=/usr/lib

The gmake then fails because it can't find the directory libpgtcl

Am I doing it right or is there a bug

Thanks Terry

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report

Re: Bug #854: configure file and tcl/tk

Date:
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
> I added the arguments to configure
> --with-tcl  --with-tclConfig=/usr/lib, --with-tkConfig=/usr/lib

You spelled those switches wrong (should be "--with-tclconfig",
"--with-tkconfig") but they oughtn't be necessary anyway if you
have tcl installed into the standard system directories.

> The gmake then fails because it can't find the directory libpgtcl

This is hard to believe in any case.  May we see the exact build
transcript?

            regards, tom lane