Bug #698: Error haciendo Backup con pg_dump!!

From
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Date:
Christian Gonzalez (christiangda@cantv.net) reports a bug with a severity of 1

Short Description
Error haciendo Backup con pg_dump!!

Long Description
[avl@bdserver avl]$  nohup pg_dump -R -O leemail2 | gzip -c > /tmp/resp.leemail2_25_6_2002_1_00_pm.sql.gz &
[avl@bdserver avl]$ jobs
[1]+  Running                 nohup pg_dump -R -O leemail2 | gzip -c >/tmp/resp.leemail2_25_6_2002_1_00_pm.sql.gz &
[avl@bdserver avl]$ ERROR:  MemoryContextAlloc: invalid request size 4294967293
PQendcopy: resetting connection
SQL query to dump the contents of Table 'datamailentrada_historico' did not execute correctly.  After we read all the
tablecontents from the backend, PQendcopy() failed.  Explanation from backend: ''.
The query was: 'COPY "datamailentrada_historico" TO stdout;
'.

[1]+  Done                    nohup pg_dump -R -O leemail2 | gzip -c >/tmp/resp.leemail2_25_6_2002_1_00_pm.sql.gz
[avl@bdserver avl]$

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report

Re: Bug #698: Error haciendo Backup con pg_dump!!

Date:
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
> [avl@bdserver avl]$  nohup pg_dump -R -O leemail2 | gzip -c > /tmp/resp.leemail2_25_6_2002_1_00_pm.sql.gz &
> [avl@bdserver avl]$ jobs
> [1]+  Running                 nohup pg_dump -R -O leemail2 | gzip -c >/tmp/resp.leemail2_25_6_2002_1_00_pm.sql.gz &
> [avl@bdserver avl]$ ERROR:  MemoryContextAlloc: invalid request size 4294967293
> PQendcopy: resetting connection
> SQL query to dump the contents of Table 'datamailentrada_historico' did not execute correctly.  After we read all the
tablecontents from the backend, PQendcopy() failed.  Explanation from backend: ''.
> The query was: 'COPY "datamailentrada_historico" TO stdout;

This looks like you have some corrupted data in
datamailentrada_historico :-(.

There is not much you can do about this except try to identify and
remove the damaged row(s).  You can look in the mailing list archives
for previous discussions about systematic ways to identify the location
of the damage, but basically you want to home in on which row(s) can't
be selected without provoking the error.

Once you've removed the damaged rows, you may be fortunate enough to be
able to restore them from a recent backup.  Good luck!

            regards, tom lane

"Field is too small"

From
Webb Sprague
Date:
I am getting a "field is too small" error in an Access
DB running over ODBC.  The field in question is
varchar(32).

Here is the weird thing:  I am inserting into a table
with a rule that sends the result to a different
table.  However, when I insert into the table without
a rule, it works fine.  It also works fine both ways
from psql and isql at the command line (why oh why am
I messing around with stupid Microsoft products?!)

This is also NOT a problem with booleans--neither of
the fields are boolean.

Let me know how I might be able to help.  I have logs
from my local machine and I could get logs from the
server.

Should I just use Triggers...

Thanks

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

Re: "Field is too small"

From
Neil Conway
Date:
On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 16:50:38 -0700 (PDT)
"Webb Sprague" <wsprague100@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am getting a "field is too small" error in an Access
> DB running over ODBC.  The field in question is
> varchar(32).
>
> Here is the weird thing:  I am inserting into a table
> with a rule that sends the result to a different
> table.  However, when I insert into the table without
> a rule, it works fine.

Can you give us a reproducible example, preferrably one that
does not involve Access?

Cheers,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway@rogers.com>
PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC

Re: "Field is too small"

From
Webb Sprague
Date:
> "Webb Sprague" <wsprague100@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I am getting a "field is too small" error in an
> Access
> > DB running over ODBC.  The field in question is
> > varchar(32).
> >
> > Here is the weird thing:  I am inserting into a
> table
> > with a rule that sends the result to a different
> > table.  However, when I insert into the table
> without
> > a rule, it works fine.
>
> Can you give us a reproducible example, preferrably
> one that
> does not involve Access?

I also sent this to the ODBC list, as it *only* breaks
in Access.  Should I have not bothered BUGS with it?

Thanks

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

Re: [ODBC] "Field is too small"

From
Hiroshi Inoue
Date:
Webb Sprague wrote:

> I am getting a "field is too small" error in an Access
> DB running over ODBC.  The field in question is
> varchar(32).
>
> Here is the weird thing:  I am inserting into a table
> with a rule that sends the result to a different
> table.

Are you using a DO INSTEAD rule ?
Could you send me the Mylog output ?

regards,