Left Join/Outer Join

From
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Date:
Martijn Beelen (martijn@connectux.com) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
Left Join/Outer Join

Long Description
When using left join, I get the errormessage
"ERROR: OUTER JOIN is not yet supported"

I hope left-joins are supported, if not, at least the errormessage seems awkward...

Also, the use of extra parenthesis seems to make the interpreter get confused. When I put some extra parenthesis around
astatement, I get parse errors...

Martijn Beelen

Sample Code
select * from (table1 left join table2 on table1.id = table2.id);
ERROR: OUTER JOIN is not yet supported

select * from ((table1 left join table2 on table1.id = table2.id));
ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "("

No file was uploaded with this report

Re: Left Join/Outer Join

Date:
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
> When using left join, I get the errormessage
> "ERROR: OUTER JOIN is not yet supported"

Try a more recent release.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Left Join/Outer Join

From
Bruno Wolff III
Date:
Are you running version 7.1 or higher?

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 09:25:58AM -0400,
  pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org wrote:
> Martijn Beelen (martijn@connectux.com) reports a bug with a severity of 2
>
> Long Description
> When using left join, I get the errormessage
> "ERROR: OUTER JOIN is not yet supported"

Re: Left Join/Outer Join

From
grant
Date:
Left/Outer joins are supported, but not until version 7.1.  Most Linux
distros are shipping still with 7.0.3.  Upgrade.  Your problem will be
fixed.

                          Your mouse has moved.
       You must restart Windows for your changes to take effect.

#!/usr/bin/perl
print $i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);