regcomp problems

From
"Romolo Manfredini"
Date:
Dear postgresql developers,
I have found a small annoying bug in the SQL parser,

executing the following query;

select * from table where field ~* '*';

or=20

select * from table where field ~* '+';

generate the following error:

regcomp failed with error repetition-operator operand invalid=20

the postgres I'm using is 7.0.3 compiled on linux 2.2.18

Best regards,
Romolo Manfredini

Re: regcomp problems

From
Stephan Szabo
Date:
On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Romolo Manfredini wrote:

> Dear postgresql developers,
> I have found a small annoying bug in the SQL parser,
>
> executing the following query;
>
> select * from table where field ~* '*';
>
> or
>
> select * from table where field ~* '+';
>
> generate the following error:
>
> regcomp failed with error repetition-operator operand invalid
>
> the postgres I'm using is 7.0.3 compiled on linux 2.2.18

You're doing a regexp, both * and + have special meanings
in a regexp, you'll probably want to escape them (unfortunately
I think you need two backslashes to do it)