Bugs on COPY command

From
"gwcom"
Date:
Dear sir,

I currently using postgresql V7.0.3.
I created a database with UNICODE encoding to store chinese and japanese in=
formation.
I have some chinese information created with MS access(excel) and export it=
 to text file
with delimiter semi-colon ";" .
When I imiport the text file into the table with COPY command in psql envir=
onment.
e.g. COPY tablename from '/import/file/path' using delimiters ';'
The data import successfully but some strange results are found.
Some record contains the field value with delimiters.
For example, we have the following line in the import file:=20
abc;def;hij;kil;mnx

The result may be
field 1:abc
field 2:def
field 3:hij;kil
field 4;mnx
field 6:

It seems that the copy command can't paser all data successfully into the c=
orresponding fields.
I don't know why and I must use ';' as the delimiter since I have no choice.
All the information abc,def,hij,mnx are BIG5 characters (I only try BIG5)
Do anyone have report this strange behaviour?

Regards,
Bryan Wu
lfwu@yahoo.com

Re: Bugs on COPY command

From
Tatsuo Ishii
Date:
> I currently using postgresql V7.0.3.
> I created a database with UNICODE encoding to store chinese and japanese information.
> I have some chinese information created with MS access(excel) and export it to text file
> with delimiter semi-colon ";" .
> When I imiport the text file into the table with COPY command in psql environment.
> e.g. COPY tablename from '/import/file/path' using delimiters ';'
> The data import successfully but some strange results are found.
> Some record contains the field value with delimiters.
> For example, we have the following line in the import file:
> abc;def;hij;kil;mnx
>
> The result may be
> field 1:abc
> field 2:def
> field 3:hij;kil
> field 4;mnx
> field 6:
>
> It seems that the copy command can't paser all data successfully into the corresponding fields.
> I don't know why and I must use ';' as the delimiter since I have no choice.
> All the information abc,def,hij,mnx are BIG5 characters (I only try BIG5)
> Do anyone have report this strange behaviour?

Copying BIG5 data to/from UNICODE database? This doesn't work at all
in 7.0.3. Try 7.1beta...
--
Tatsuo Ishii