postgresql-7.1beta5 with Heimdal-0.3e

From
"Dmitry G . Mastrukov"
Date:
                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name        :    Dmitry G. Mastrukov
Your email address    : dmitry@taurussoft.org

System Configuration
---------------------
  Architecture (example: Intel Pentium)      : Intel Pentium

  Operating System (example: Linux 2.0.26 ELF)     : Linux 2.4.2
ELF

  PostgreSQL version (example: PostgreSQL-6.3.2)  :
PostgreSQL-7.1beta5

  Compiler used (example:  gcc 2.7.2)        : gcc 2.95.2

1. Configure cannot properly determine Heimdal (0.3d - 0.3e) libs.
Heimdal has no libk5crypto, all its functions is in libkrb5. Configure
crashes.
2. a) Heimdal has no enc_part2 member in krb5_ticket
    b) Heimdal has no text member in krb5_error

Please describe a way to repeat the problem.   Please try to provide a
Install Heimdal-0.3e (in /usr/heimdal for example)
configure --with-krb5=/usr/heimdal
make

If you know how this problem might be fixed, list the solution below:
It's necessary to make difference in MIT and Heimdal Kerberos
distributions on configure and build processes with some sort of
#define HAVE_KRB5_MIT/HEIMDAL. Then it's possible to enclose
differences in #ifdef ... #endif
pairs.
I attached patch which made for me authorization with Heimdal.
Configure part of this patch is simply hack to make configure work in
my enviroment. Postgres successfully builds and works.

Attachment

Re: postgresql-7.1beta5 with Heimdal-0.3e

Date:
Not sure how to handle this.  I have never heard of Heimdal, and I am
afraid these changes will adversely affect other Kerberos users.  My
inclination is to not make any changes and wait to see if another user
reports a problem.

[ Charset KOI8-R unsupported, converting... ]
>                         POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE
>

> Your name        :    Dmitry G. Mastrukov
> Your email address    : dmitry@taurussoft.org
>

> System Configuration
> ---------------------
>   Architecture (example: Intel Pentium)      : Intel Pentium
>
>   Operating System (example: Linux 2.0.26 ELF)     : Linux 2.4.2
> ELF
>
>   PostgreSQL version (example: PostgreSQL-6.3.2)  :
> PostgreSQL-7.1beta5
>
>   Compiler used (example:  gcc 2.7.2)        : gcc 2.95.2
>

> Please enter a FULL description of your problem:
> 1. Configure cannot properly determine Heimdal (0.3d - 0.3e) libs.
> Heimdal has no libk5crypto, all its functions is in libkrb5. Configure
> crashes.
> 2. a) Heimdal has no enc_part2 member in krb5_ticket
>     b) Heimdal has no text member in krb5_error
>

> Please describe a way to repeat the problem.   Please try to provide a
> concise reproducible example, if at all possible:
> Install Heimdal-0.3e (in /usr/heimdal for example)
> configure --with-krb5=/usr/heimdal
> make
>

> If you know how this problem might be fixed, list the solution below:
> It's necessary to make difference in MIT and Heimdal Kerberos
> distributions on configure and build processes with some sort of
> #define HAVE_KRB5_MIT/HEIMDAL. Then it's possible to enclose
> differences in #ifdef ... #endif
> pairs.
> I attached patch which made for me authorization with Heimdal.
> Configure part of this patch is simply hack to make configure work in
> my enviroment. Postgres successfully builds and works.

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Re: postgresql-7.1beta5 with Heimdal-0.3e

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Dmitry G . Mastrukov writes:

> 1. Configure cannot properly determine Heimdal (0.3d - 0.3e) libs.
> Heimdal has no libk5crypto, all its functions is in libkrb5. Configure
> crashes.
> 2. a) Heimdal has no enc_part2 member in krb5_ticket
>     b) Heimdal has no text member in krb5_error

These things can be fixed with proper configure checks.  I'll see what I
can do.