Problem using Postgres 7.0.3 on SCO Unixware 7.1.1

From
"Joel Quinet"
Date:
Hi all,

I try to use Postgres 7.0.3 on SCO Unixware 7.1.1.  It compiles fine, but I
have the following error message when a launch psql:
psql: No pg_hba.conf entry for localhost, user postgres, database postgres.
I have made no change to the pg-hba.conf.
I have read in the documentation, it is ok for all operation on local by
default.
I don't have the UDK on that machine, but I seem to have no impact ? Am I
right ?

I don't understand what I am doing wrong.  Any help appreciated.

Joel

Re: Problem using Postgres 7.0.3 on SCO Unixware 7.1.1

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Joel Quinet writes:

> I try to use Postgres 7.0.3 on SCO Unixware 7.1.1.

You'll be better off using a 7.1 beta.  We've fixed quite a few problem
with UnixWare in there.