/bin/sh: !: not found

From
Alexander Klimov
Date:
Hi.

I using version from CVS, and after update tried to run `make
distclean'. For some reason my GNUMakefile was deleted, so Makefile is
used by gmake and I got an error message (see Subj)

The reason is
    @if ! [ -f GNUmakefile ] ; then \
           ^^^ in the Makefile

To fix it should be changed to
    @if [ ! -f GNUmakefile ] ; then \

This problem exists in Makefile and src/Makefile, maybe somethere else

Regards,
ASK

Re: /bin/sh: !: not found

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Alexander Klimov writes:

> I using version from CVS, and after update tried to run `make
> distclean'. For some reason my GNUMakefile was deleted, so Makefile is
> used by gmake and I got an error message (see Subj)
>
> The reason is
>     @if ! [ -f GNUmakefile ] ; then \
>            ^^^ in the Makefile
>
> To fix it should be changed to
>     @if [ ! -f GNUmakefile ] ; then \
>
> This problem exists in Makefile and src/Makefile, maybe somethere else

Fixed.  Thanks.

(Btw., it's normal that GNUmakefile is removed during 'make distclean'.)