gcc version : pgcc 2-19.66

flex version: 2.5.4

linux kernal: 2.2.13-4mdk

postgresql version: 7.0.2

processor: Intel P120 w/40 M RAM

Problem:
-----------

gcc generated a fatal error message.
gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11 (segv)

Can you help?

-charles
------------8-)-----------
Charles Agboh
GTS Network services
IP Engineering
RFC822: charles.agboh@gts.com
Tel:  +32 (0) 2 658 4243
mobile: +32 495 58 52 67
Fax: +32(0) 2 658 5118
http://www.gtsgroup.com

Quan Yin Method

Re: compilation error on linux mandrake

Date:
"Agboh, Charles" <Charles.Agboh@gts.com> writes:
> gcc generated a fatal error message.
> gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11 (segv)

Yipes.

> Can you help?

You're complaining to the wrong people.  See the gcc documentation for
their bug-reporting address.

            regards, tom lane

Re: compilation error on linux mandrake

From
Thomas Lockhart
Date:
> > gcc generated a fatal error message.
> > gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11 (segv)
> > Can you help?
> You're complaining to the wrong people.  See the gcc documentation for
> their bug-reporting address.

I've built PostgreSQL with egcs and gcc-2.95 over and over and over,
without seeing it tickle a compiler bug. You might have some bad memory?
That old 120MHz Pentium must be puffing pretty hard trying to compile
this...

                      - Thomas

Re: compilation error on linux mandrake

Date:
> I've built PostgreSQL with egcs and gcc-2.95 over and over and over,
> without seeing it tickle a compiler bug.

Ditto... but I don't recognize the gcc compiler version he mentioned.
It might be one of those not-so-stable releases.

            regards, tom lane

Re: compilation error on linux mandrake

From
"D. Jay Newman"
Date:
>"Agboh, Charles" <Charles.Agboh@gts.com> writes:
>> gcc generated a fatal error message.
>> gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11 (segv)

I've gotten that error before, and heard that it is do to a swapping/memory
problem.

Try restarting the compile (a few times if necessary).

I hope this helps.
--
D. Jay Newman                   ! For the pleasure and the profit it derives
jay@sprucegrove.com              ! I arrange things, like furniture, and