RE : Postgres

From
daryl lamble
Date:
Just to let you know it looks like ver 7.0 does not run on SuSE7.0 SMP
Kernel.
Has this been fixed on 7.02 at all?

Regards
Daryl Lamble

Re: RE : Postgres

From
Thomas Lockhart
Date:
> Just to let you know it looks like ver 7.0 does not run on SuSE7.0 SMP
> Kernel. Has this been fixed on 7.02 at all?

As Peter asked, we need more info to help you. But fwiw, I've been
running on SMP linux for several years with no problems. SuSE will work
just fine too, so keep at it ;)

                   - Thomas

SuSE Linux 7.0 SMP (was: Re: RE : Postgres)

From
Reinhard Max
Date:
Hi,

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > Just to let you know it looks like ver 7.0 does not run on SuSE7.0 SMP
> > Kernel. Has this been fixed on 7.02 at all?
>
> As Peter asked, we need more info to help you. But fwiw, I've been
> running on SMP linux for several years with no problems. SuSE will
> work just fine too, so keep at it ;)

I am responsible for the PostgreSQL packages in SuSE Linux. So far I
haven't received any complaints regarding PostgreSQL and SMP kernels
on SuSE Linux 7.0 .

If anyone has any trouble with that combination, please let me know.

cu
    Reinhard
--
If you put garbage in a computer  nothing comes out but  garbage.
But this garbage, having passed through a very expensive machine,