security problem ?

From
Vashenko Maxim
Date:
Hi.

Using postgres 6.5.3-1 i meet a feature:
any (authenticated) user can create table in any
database and it does not matter who is owner of database.
But (and it's right) he can't access existing tables if ones
was not 'granted'.

------------
Max Vashenko
Nizhny Novgorod
Information Networks

Re: security problem ?

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
On Fri, 28 Apr 2000, Vashenko Maxim wrote:

> Using postgres 6.5.3-1 i meet a feature: any (authenticated) user can
> create table in any database and it does not matter who is owner of
> database.

You could call that a design deficiency. I hope to do something about that
for 7.1 but for now you're stuck with it.