SQL server...SQLExecutive claims I have wrong version!!!!!

From
Greg Merideth
Date:
I installed a fresh copy of SQL server on our NT box with service pack
4.  I setup a scheduled check of the databases and tried to start
SQLExecutive.  SQLExecutive claims that it will only run on SQL Server
6.5 or higher.  I have 6.5!  It's part of BackOffice 4.0.  SQL says it's
6.5.02.

What the hell is SQLExecutive doing?  How do I fix this.

And we switched from oracle, what a damm mistake.  Now MS wants me to
pay them 195.00 to beg them to tell me why their program doesn't know
what's what.

Re: SQL server...SQLExecutive claims I have wrong version!!!!!

From
"vincent"
Date:
 Usually this is because the NT account that the SQL Executive service is
running under does not have permissions to read the
HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\MSSQLSERVER registry key.

You can get  the service account  in Control Panel-- Service--SQL executive,
and make sure the account have admin right.

Vincent