author of PostgreSQL logo

From
Oleg Bartunov
Date:
author is Jeff MacDonald, but actually,  it was Daniel Lundin, who used logo by Dmitry Samersoff (slonik.gif, elephant in diamond) and made logo for postgresql.inc. Jeff made 'powered by" with Daniel's elphant. I specially checked archives and wayback machine to refresh my memory.
http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/obartunov/24248903/38652/38652_original.png

Should we bother about this ?

Oleg

Re: author of PostgreSQL logo

From
Justin Clift
Date:
On 19 Apr 2016, at 20:00, Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@gmail.com> wrote:
> I found on https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Pg_logo.png, that
> author is Jeff MacDonald, but actually,  it was Daniel Lundin, who used logo by Dmitry Samersoff (slonik.gif,
elephantin diamond) and made logo for postgresql.inc. Jeff made 'powered by" with Daniel's elphant. I specially checked
archivesand wayback machine to refresh my memory.
> http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/obartunov/24248903/38652/38652_original.png
>
> Should we bother about this ?

Probably a good idea to get that fixed.  It shouldn't take huge effort, if you
can find someone with permissions to make the change. :)

+ Justin

- Indira Gandhi

Date:
On 19 Apr 2016, at 21:18, Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org> wrote:
> On 19 Apr 2016, at 20:00, Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I found on https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Pg_logo.png, that
>> author is Jeff MacDonald, but actually,  it was Daniel Lundin, who used logo by Dmitry Samersoff (slonik.gif,
elephantin diamond) and made logo for postgresql.inc. Jeff made 'powered by" with Daniel's elphant. I specially checked
archivesand wayback machine to refresh my memory.
>> http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/obartunov/24248903/38652/38652_original.png
>>
>> Should we bother about this ?
>
> Probably a good idea to get that fixed.  It shouldn't take huge effort, if you
> can find someone with permissions to make the change. :)

This seems to be the blog for the correct Daniel Lundin too, if you want
to ping him first to confirm. :)

  http://www.eintr.org

It has email, twitter, GitHub info on there for him.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

- Indira Gandhi

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 11:47 PM, Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org> wrote:
On 19 Apr 2016, at 21:18, Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org> wrote:
> On 19 Apr 2016, at 20:00, Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I found on https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Pg_logo.png, that
>> author is Jeff MacDonald, but actually,  it was Daniel Lundin, who used logo by Dmitry Samersoff (slonik.gif, elephant in diamond) and made logo for postgresql.inc. Jeff made 'powered by" with Daniel's elphant. I specially checked archives and wayback machine to refresh my memory.
>> http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/obartunov/24248903/38652/38652_original.png
>>
>> Should we bother about this ?
>
> Probably a good idea to get that fixed.  It shouldn't take huge effort, if you
> can find someone with permissions to make the change. :)

This seems to be the blog for the correct Daniel Lundin too, if you want
to ping him first to confirm. :)

  http://www.eintr.org

It has email, twitter, GitHub info on there for him.

Will ask.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

- Indira Gandhi

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 12:17 AM, Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 11:47 PM, Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org> wrote:
On 19 Apr 2016, at 21:18, Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org> wrote:
> On 19 Apr 2016, at 20:00, Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I found on https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Pg_logo.png, that
>> author is Jeff MacDonald, but actually,  it was Daniel Lundin, who used logo by Dmitry Samersoff (slonik.gif, elephant in diamond) and made logo for postgresql.inc. Jeff made 'powered by" with Daniel's elphant. I specially checked archives and wayback machine to refresh my memory.
>> http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/obartunov/24248903/38652/38652_original.png
>>
>> Should we bother about this ?
>
> Probably a good idea to get that fixed.  It shouldn't take huge effort, if you
> can find someone with permissions to make the change. :)

This seems to be the blog for the correct Daniel Lundin too, if you want
to ping him first to confirm. :)

  http://www.eintr.org

It has email, twitter, GitHub info on there for him.

Will ask.

Daniel confirm, that he is author of this logo and that he used "elephant in diamond" by Dmitry Samersoff, so I edited information on wikipedia and corrected several broken links to pgfoundry.

> On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 12:00 PM, Daniel Lundin <dln@eintr.org> wrote:
>>
>> Haha, yeah that was indeed my doing, waaaaay back when. :)
>

> Great, you remember :)  Do you use "elephant in diamond" as starter ?

Oh man, I think so yeah. IIRC used it for inspiration, then sketched
up the vectorized one in illustrator as best I could manage.

Cheers,
-d

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

- Indira Gandhi

Date:
On 20 Apr 2016, at 21:32, Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 12:17 AM, Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 11:47 PM, Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org> wrote:
> On 19 Apr 2016, at 21:18, Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org> wrote:
> > On 19 Apr 2016, at 20:00, Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I found on https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Pg_logo.png, that
> >> author is Jeff MacDonald, but actually,  it was Daniel Lundin, who used logo by Dmitry Samersoff (slonik.gif,
elephantin diamond) and made logo for postgresql.inc. Jeff made 'powered by" with Daniel's elphant. I specially checked
archivesand wayback machine to refresh my memory.
> >> http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/obartunov/24248903/38652/38652_original.png
> >>
> >> Should we bother about this ?
> >
> > Probably a good idea to get that fixed.  It shouldn't take huge effort, if you
> > can find someone with permissions to make the change. :)
>
> This seems to be the blog for the correct Daniel Lundin too, if you want
> to ping him first to confirm. :)
>
>   http://www.eintr.org
>
> It has email, twitter, GitHub info on there for him.
>
> Will ask.
>
> Daniel confirm, that he is author of this logo and that he used "elephant in diamond" by Dmitry Samersoff, so I
editedinformation on wikipedia and corrected several broken links to pgfoundry.
[snip]

Looking here, it's still saying "Jeff MacDonald":

  https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Pg_logo.png

Should that still be the case? :)

+ Justin

- Indira Gandhi

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 11:52 PM, Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org> wrote:
On 20 Apr 2016, at 21:32, Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 12:17 AM, Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 11:47 PM, Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org> wrote:
> On 19 Apr 2016, at 21:18, Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org> wrote:
> > On 19 Apr 2016, at 20:00, Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I found on https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Pg_logo.png, that
> >> author is Jeff MacDonald, but actually,  it was Daniel Lundin, who used logo by Dmitry Samersoff (slonik.gif, elephant in diamond) and made logo for postgresql.inc. Jeff made 'powered by" with Daniel's elphant. I specially checked archives and wayback machine to refresh my memory.
> >> http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/obartunov/24248903/38652/38652_original.png
> >>
> >> Should we bother about this ?
> >
> > Probably a good idea to get that fixed.  It shouldn't take huge effort, if you
> > can find someone with permissions to make the change. :)
>
> This seems to be the blog for the correct Daniel Lundin too, if you want
> to ping him first to confirm. :)
>
>   http://www.eintr.org
>
> It has email, twitter, GitHub info on there for him.
>
> Will ask.
>
> Daniel confirm, that he is author of this logo and that he used "elephant in diamond" by Dmitry Samersoff, so I edited information on wikipedia and corrected several broken links to pgfoundry.
[snip]

Looking here, it's still saying "Jeff MacDonald":

  https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Pg_logo.png

Should that still be the case? :)

fixed. I corrected .svg and forgot about .png

+ Justin

- Indira Gandhi

Date:
On 20 Apr 2016, at 22:00, Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 11:52 PM, Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org> wrote:
> On 20 Apr 2016, at 21:32, Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 12:17 AM, Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 11:47 PM, Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org> wrote:
elephantin diamond) and made logo for postgresql.inc. Jeff made 'powered by" with Daniel's elphant. I specially checked
archivesand wayback machine to refresh my memory.

> > > Probably a good idea to get that fixed.  It shouldn't take huge effort, if you
> > > can find someone with permissions to make the change. :)
> >
> > This seems to be the blog for the correct Daniel Lundin too, if you want
> > to ping him first to confirm. :)
> >
> >   http://www.eintr.org
> >
> > It has email, twitter, GitHub info on there for him.
> >
> > Will ask.
> >
> > Daniel confirm, that he is author of this logo and that he used "elephant in diamond" by Dmitry Samersoff, so I
editedinformation on wikipedia and corrected several broken links to pgfoundry.
> [snip]
>
> Looking here, it's still saying "Jeff MacDonald":
>
>   https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Pg_logo.png
>
> Should that still be the case? :)
>
> fixed. I corrected .svg and forgot about .png

Good stuff Oleg, well done. :)

+ Justin

- Indira Gandhi