PostgreSQL Windows Installer Licence

From
Szymon Guz
Date:
Hi,
I was officially asked by one of Polish computer magazines to allow them to place PostgreSQL Windows Installer on a DVD, which they attach to the magazine.

As for PostgreSQL the situation is clear, however I'm not sure what about the Windows Installer. The licence is talking about different parts, and I haven't used it for years.

So, are they allowed to do it, or should they officially ask EDB for allowance?

thanks,
Szymon

Re: PostgreSQL Windows Installer Licence

From
Adrian Klaver
Date:
On 03/04/2015 02:55 AM, Szymon Guz wrote:
> Hi,
> I was officially asked by one of Polish computer magazines to allow them
> to place PostgreSQL Windows Installer on a DVD, which they attach to the
> magazine.
>
> As for PostgreSQL the situation is clear, however I'm not sure what
> about the Windows Installer. The licence is talking about different
> parts, and I haven't used it for years.
>
> So, are they allowed to do it, or should they officially ask EDB for
> allowance?

I would say this one of those an 'ounce of prevention is worth a pound
of cure' moments. Have them contact EDB for clarification.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: PostgreSQL Windows Installer Licence

From
Dave Page
Date:
On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 10:55 AM, Szymon Guz <mabewlun@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I was officially asked by one of Polish computer magazines to allow them to
> place PostgreSQL Windows Installer on a DVD, which they attach to the
> magazine.
>
> As for PostgreSQL the situation is clear, however I'm not sure what about
> the Windows Installer. The licence is talking about different parts, and I
> haven't used it for years.

The installer is released under the PostgreSQL licence.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company