PostgreSQL vs. MongoDB Performance Benchmark

From
Renee Deger

EnterpriseDB created a framework for benchmarking performance of PostgreSQL and MongoDB and made it available on Github - https://github.com/EnterpriseDB/pg_nosql_benchmark

EDB consulted with multiple analysts with expertise on the topic, and they were not aware of any specific benchmarks for measuring the performance of PostgreSQL compared to MongoDB.

We’ve created a lightweight tool for the open source community to copy, modify and try with the hope of creating a standard. We welcome efforts to replicate our tests that found PostgreSQL outperformed MongoDB and to develop additional tests, or additional feedback.

Re: PostgreSQL vs. MongoDB Performance Benchmark

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
On 07/25/2014 10:25 AM, Renee Deger wrote:
> EnterpriseDB created a framework for benchmarking performance of
> PostgreSQL and MongoDB and made it available on Github
> - https://github.com/EnterpriseDB/pg_nosql_benchmark

This is awesome.  Now time for me to write the scalable JSONB database
I've been dreaming of and head-to-head ...

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: PostgreSQL vs. MongoDB Performance Benchmark

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
On Fri, 2014-07-25 at 13:25 -0400, Renee Deger wrote:
> EnterpriseDB created a framework for benchmarking performance of
> PostgreSQL and MongoDB and made it available on Github -
> https://github.com/EnterpriseDB/pg_nosql_benchmark
>
> EDB consulted with multiple analysts with expertise on the topic, and
> they were not aware of any specific benchmarks for measuring the
> performance of PostgreSQL compared to MongoDB.

Here is one: https://github.com/gmr/kvpbench

It was introduced in this presentation:
http://www.pgcon.org/2010/schedule/events/219.en.html