Reddit thread on the uptick in popularity

From
Douglas J Hunley
Date:
Thought the advocacy peeps might like to read/contribute to this thread:

I found it interesting to see what other people thought was important

--
Douglas J Hunley (doug.hunley@gmail.com)
Twitter: @hunleyd                                               Web: about.me/douglas_hunley

Re: Reddit thread on the uptick in popularity

From
"Tomas Vondra"
Date:
On 30 Květen 2014, 19:56, Douglas J Hunley wrote:
> Thought the advocacy peeps might like to read/contribute to this thread:
> http://www.reddit.com/r/PostgreSQL/comments/26u0wk/why_is_postgresql_becoming_more_popular_than_mysql/
>
> I found it interesting to see what other people thought was important

Thanks. I think upvoting the thread and responding within that reddit
thread is a good idea, might attract more people unaware of the stuff etc.

Tomas

Re: Reddit thread on the uptick in popularity

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
On 05/30/2014 10:56 AM, Douglas J Hunley wrote:
> Thought the advocacy peeps might like to read/contribute to this thread:
> http://www.reddit.com/r/PostgreSQL/comments/26u0wk/why_is_postgresql_becoming_more_popular_than_mysql/
>
> I found it interesting to see what other people thought was important

Yeah, it's pretty fascinating.  Some of that stuff was not things I'd
expect people to notice.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: Reddit thread on the uptick in popularity

From
Joshua Kramer

This comment is hilarious:

Postgres is sort of like a mullet. All business and SQL-like in the front, and party in the back with hstore and JSON. The party end will be getting better in 9.4.