Hyderabad, India PUG

From
"PV, N Rao"
Hello:

My name is P V Narasimha Rao (PV), and am representing OpenSCG, Hyderabad Operations.  OpenSCG provides IT consulting services in open source technologies predominantly in PostgreSQL.  The company is listed as service provider in postgresql.org.

The team of PostgreSQL consultants at OpenSCG Hyderabad are interested to create a user group to enable knowledge sharing thereby improving the expertise levels, and contributions to the community.  Hence this request to create the PUG.

OpenSCG will be glad to organize the logistics to host the user group meetings and other events.

The nearest user group listed as of today is in Pune and it is about 550 Km and an overnight journey by road or rail from Hyderabad.

Please confirm acceptance or express concerns if any.

Thank you
PV

Re: Hyderabad, India PUG

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
PV,

> The team of PostgreSQL consultants at OpenSCG Hyderabad are interested to
> create a user group to enable knowledge sharing thereby improving the
> expertise levels, and contributions to the community.  Hence this request
> to create the PUG.

Sounds great!  What all do you need from the community?  Mailing list,
presumably (gmr@postgresql.org?  hyderabad@postgresql.org?).  Probably
food money for the first meeting.  Anything else?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: Hyderabad, India PUG

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> PV,
>
> > The team of PostgreSQL consultants at OpenSCG Hyderabad are interested to
> > create a user group to enable knowledge sharing thereby improving the
> > expertise levels, and contributions to the community.  Hence this request
> > to create the PUG.
>
> Sounds great!  What all do you need from the community?  Mailing list,
> presumably (gmr@postgresql.org?  hyderabad@postgresql.org?).  Probably
> food money for the first meeting.  Anything else?

hyderabad-in-pug@postgresql.org perhaps?  There's another city called
Hyderabad in Pakistan.

Re: Hyderabad, India PUG

From
"PV, N Rao"

Josh:

hyd-in-pug@postgresql.org to begin with will be good.  And listing under user groups.  Any seed capital to pay for the first few meetings will be good :)...  Nah, OpenSCG shall take care of it for now.

Thanks
PV

Josh Berkus wrote:
> PV,
>
> > The team of PostgreSQL consultants at OpenSCG Hyderabad are interested to
> > create a user group to enable knowledge sharing thereby improving the
> > expertise levels, and contributions to the community.  Hence this request
> > to create the PUG.
>
> Sounds great!  What all do you need from the community?  Mailing list,
> presumably (gmr@postgresql.org?  hyderabad@postgresql.org?).  Probably
> food money for the first meeting.  Anything else?

hyderabad-in-pug@postgresql.org perhaps?  There's another city called
Hyderabad in Pakistan.

--
Álvaro Herrera                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Re: Hyderabad, India PUG

From
"Jonathan S. Katz"
Date:
hyd-in-pug@postgresql.org to begin with will be good.  And listing under user groups.  Any seed capital to pay for the first few meetings will be good :)...  Nah, OpenSCG shall take care of it for now.

Thanks
PV

Hi PV,

When I have confirmation that the mailing list is setup, I will add it to the site.

Best,

Jonathan