Draft of release announcement available, please edit

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
All,

http://goo.gl/QybKqE

I'd like to start translations of this by the end of the week, so please
give me your edits/suggestions/improvements in the next 2 days.

Thanks!

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: Draft of release announcement available, please edit

From
Darren Duncan
Date:
On 2013.08.13 6:32 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> All,
>
> http://goo.gl/QybKqE
>
> I'd like to start translations of this by the end of the week, so please
> give me your edits/suggestions/improvements in the next 2 days.
>
> Thanks!

Looks good in general.

I noticed a seeming typo in the links list, which goes to
http://www.postgresql.org/documentation/current/static/release-9-2 .

Also, is September 9 the actual release date or just a placeholder?

-- Darren Duncan

Re: Draft of release announcement available, please edit

From
Mike Toews
Date:
On 14 August 2013 14:12, Darren Duncan <darren@darrenduncan.net> wrote:
> I noticed a seeming typo in the links list, which goes to
> http://www.postgresql.org/documentation/current/static/release-9-2 .

Possibly this:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/release-9-3.html

-Mike

Re: Draft of release announcement available, please edit

From
Carlos Saritama
Date:
looks interesting =D

Date:
On 08/13/2013 07:12 PM, Darren Duncan wrote:
> On 2013.08.13 6:32 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> http://goo.gl/QybKqE
>>
>> I'd like to start translations of this by the end of the week, so please
>> give me your edits/suggestions/improvements in the next 2 days.
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> Looks good in general.
>
> I noticed a seeming typo in the links list, which goes to
> http://www.postgresql.org/documentation/current/static/release-9-2 .
>
> Also, is September 9 the actual release date or just a placeholder?

It's the *tentative* release date.

--Josh

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
http://pgexperts.com

Re: Draft of release announcement available, please edit

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
> All,
>
> http://goo.gl/QybKqE
>
> I'd like to start translations of this by the end of the week, so please
> give me your edits/suggestions/improvements in the next 2 days.

Maybe we shouldn't use "Postgres" in the second paragraph of the
"PostgreSQL" release announcement.  That's just uselessly confusing.

pgsql_fdw is actually postgres_fdw.

Date:
> On Tue, 2013-08-13 at 18:32 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> http://goo.gl/QybKqE
>>
>> I'd like to start translations of this by the end of the week, so please
>> give me your edits/suggestions/improvements in the next 2 days.
>
> Maybe we shouldn't use "Postgres" in the second paragraph of the
> "PostgreSQL" release announcement.  That's just uselessly confusing.

Hmmm.  That's a quote.  Oh, but I can cut the word "Postgres".

> pgsql_fdw is actually postgres_fdw.

Oh, thanks!

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
http://pgexperts.com

Re: Draft of release announcement available, please edit

From
"Jonathan S. Katz"
Date:
On Aug 14, 2013, at 5:37 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

> On 08/14/2013 02:14 PM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> On Tue, 2013-08-13 at 18:32 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
>>> All,
>>>
>>> http://goo.gl/QybKqE
>>>
>>> I'd like to start translations of this by the end of the week, so please
>>> give me your edits/suggestions/improvements in the next 2 days.
>>
>> Maybe we shouldn't use "Postgres" in the second paragraph of the
>> "PostgreSQL" release announcement.  That's just uselessly confusing.
>
> Hmmm.  That's a quote.  Oh, but I can cut the word "Postgres".

Either Postgres or PostgreSQL is fine by me.

Jonathan

Date:
>> Hmmm.  That's a quote.  Oh, but I can cut the word "Postgres".
>
> Either Postgres or PostgreSQL is fine by me.

Ok, will do.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.