Re: Analyzing PostgreSQL Email Archives with PostgreSQL

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On 02/05/2013 12:00 PM, damien clochard wrote:

> http://citusdata.com/blog/57-postgresql-full-text-search

The first ten of us need to really get a life :P

JD

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC
@cmdpromptinc - 509-416-6579

Re: Analyzing PostgreSQL Email Archives with PostgreSQL

From
damien clochard
Date:
Le 05/02/2013 21:55, Joshua D. Drake a écrit :

> On 02/05/2013 12:00 PM, damien clochard wrote:
>>

>> http://citusdata.com/blog/57-postgresql-full-text-search
>>

> The first ten of us need to really get a life :P

:)

My favorite sentence is  : "The plot makes evident that Tom Lane has a
fairly well defined sleep-wake cycle, which dispelled our initial
conjecture that 'Tom Lane' is actually PostgreSQL's version of Nicolas
Bourbaki."

Re: Analyzing PostgreSQL Email Archives with PostgreSQL

From
Robert Bernier

On Tuesday, February 05, 2013 12:55:12 PM Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> On 02/05/2013 12:00 PM, damien clochard wrote:
> >

> > http://citusdata.com/blog/57-postgresql-full-text-search
> >

> The first ten of us need to really get a life :P

Well, you might have a point.  ;-)

Still it would be nice if people could mention here on the list real world use-cases using text-search.

Robert

Date:
On 02/05/2013 01:53 PM, Robert Bernier wrote:

> On Tuesday, February 05, 2013 12:55:12 PM Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>>
>> On 02/05/2013 12:00 PM, damien clochard wrote:
>>>

>>> http://citusdata.com/blog/57-postgresql-full-text-search
>>>

>> The first ten of us need to really get a life :P
>
> Well, you might have a point.  ;-)
>
> Still it would be nice if people could mention here on the list real world use-cases using text-search.

The evergreen library system uses Tsearch.

JD

> Robert

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC
@cmdpromptinc - 509-416-6579

Re: Analyzing PostgreSQL Email Archives with PostgreSQL

From
Kevin Grittner
Date:
Robert Bernier <robert@pg-live.info> wrote:

> Still it would be nice if people could mention here on the list
> real world use-cases using text-search.

The Wisconsin Supreme Court and Court of Appeals software uses
tsearch2 against text extracted from PDF documents to allow
justices, appeals court judges, and their clerks to search filings,
motions, opinions, etc.  Custom dictionaries are added to the
dictionary chain to allow accurate recognition of legal phrases
like "amicus curiae" or "power of attorney", and the lexemes
generated by the dictionaries are combined with the results of
passing the text with a regular expression search to find dates,
case numbers, and statute cites (which get higher priority in the
searches).  If any portion of the search string entered by the user
has quotes around it, the normal tsearch2 results are further
filtered by looking for an exact match on the quoted string.

-Kevin

Re: Analyzing PostgreSQL Email Archives with PostgreSQL

From
Gavin Flower
Date:
The first ten of us need to really get a life :P

:)

My favorite sentence is  : "The plot makes evident that Tom Lane has a
fairly well defined sleep-wake cycle, which dispelled our initial
conjecture that 'Tom Lane' is actually PostgreSQL's version of Nicolas
Bourbaki."

I think Tom is actually an alien masquerading as a human - the apparent sleep pattern is just there to try and fool us!  :-)