60% of Rails users now prefer Postgres

From
Josh Berkus

Re: 60% of Rails users now prefer Postgres

From
"Jonathan S. Katz"
Date:
On Sep 11, 2012, at 6:01 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> All,
>
> http://blog.planetargon.com/entries/2012/8/14/rails-hosting-survey-2012-results-are-in
>
> Quite a turnabout, eh?

Quite indeed :-)

It makes sense especially since there are easy-to-use managed hosting services that operate on Postgres.  The next big
winwill be seeing more Postgres-specific features being utilized by app developers, and the 9.2 features should
certainlyprovide incentive / ease-of-use.  Further adapter development should help further the transition!

Jonathan

Re: 60% of Rails users now prefer Postgres

Date:
On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 03:01:17PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> All,
>
> http://blog.planetargon.com/entries/2012/8/14/rails-hosting-survey-2012-results-are-in
>
> Quite a turnabout, eh?

FYI, the Postgres text is:

    In 2009, 80% of people said that they were using MySQL and 63% said that
    they preferred using said database server. This year, PostgreSQL eats up
    a large chunk of MySQL's market share. 40% of people said that they were
    using Postgres in production and 60% of people said that they wanted to
    use it in production.

Re: 60% of Rails users now prefer Postgres

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:

> http://blog.planetargon.com/entries/2012/8/14/rails-hosting-survey-2012-results-are-in
>
> Quite a turnabout, eh?

Great. We are all seeing good interest on PostgreSQL everywhere.

--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: 60% of Rails users now prefer Postgres

From
Chris Travers