wrong link?

From
Andreas Kretschmer
Date:
I'm reading http://www.postgresql.org/about/news/1410/ , last sentence,
the documentation-link shows to the 9.3-documentation, i think, that's
wrong.

Andreas

Re: wrong link?

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 8:51 PM, Andreas Kretschmer
<akretschmer@spamfence.net> wrote:
> I'm reading http://www.postgresql.org/about/news/1410/ , last sentence,
> the documentation-link shows to the 9.3-documentation, i think, that's
> wrong.

Yes that link is inorrect. Thanks for pointing it out - fixed.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Re: wrong link?

From
damien clochard
Date:
Le 27/08/2012 23:02, Magnus Hagander a écrit :
> On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 8:51 PM, Andreas Kretschmer
> <akretschmer@spamfence.net> wrote:
>> I'm reading http://www.postgresql.org/about/news/1410/ , last sentence,
>> the documentation-link shows to the 9.3-documentation, i think, that's
>> wrong.
>
> Yes that link is inorrect. Thanks for pointing it out - fixed.

There's also a small problem with one of the last sentence which says :

« More information on how to test and report issues is on the Beta
Page.» with a link to http://www.postgresql.org/developer/beta/

But once you're on the beta page you only read this :

«PostgreSQL 9.2 beta 3 was released on August 6, 2012.»

Which is not incorrect per se but it doesn't give you any information on
how to  test and report issues :-)

Furthermore, the next sentences says  "Get PostgreSQL 9.2 beta," and I
guess it should be "Get PostgreSQL 9.2rc1"

--
damien

Re: wrong link?

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 5:58 PM, damien clochard <damien@dalibo.info> wrote:
> Le 27/08/2012 23:02, Magnus Hagander a écrit :
>> On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 8:51 PM, Andreas Kretschmer
>> <akretschmer@spamfence.net> wrote:
>>> I'm reading http://www.postgresql.org/about/news/1410/ , last sentence,
>>> the documentation-link shows to the 9.3-documentation, i think, that's
>>> wrong.
>>
>> Yes that link is inorrect. Thanks for pointing it out - fixed.
>>

> There's also a small problem with one of the last sentence which says :
>
> « More information on how to test and report issues is on the Beta
> Page.» with a link to http://www.postgresql.org/developer/beta/
>
> But once you're on the beta page you only read this :
>
> «PostgreSQL 9.2 beta 3 was released on August 6, 2012.»
>
> Which is not incorrect per se but it doesn't give you any information on
> how to  test and report issues :-)

Agh. I forgot to "git push" :O

But no, it just changes the beta -> rc. Nobody has submitted good
wording for anything else yet...

--

Date:
Le 28/08/2012 18:06, Magnus Hagander a écrit :
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 5:58 PM, damien clochard <damien@dalibo.info> wrote:
>> Le 27/08/2012 23:02, Magnus Hagander a écrit :
>>>
>>> Yes that link is inorrect. Thanks for pointing it out - fixed.
>>>

>> There's also a small problem with one of the last sentence which says :
>>
>> « More information on how to test and report issues is on the Beta
>> Page.» with a link to http://www.postgresql.org/developer/beta/
>>
>> But once you're on the beta page you only read this :
>>
>> «PostgreSQL 9.2 beta 3 was released on August 6, 2012.»
>>
>> Which is not incorrect per se but it doesn't give you any information on
>> how to  test and report issues :-)
>
> Agh. I forgot to "git push" :O

still the news says : "Get PostgreSQL 9.2 beta"

> But no, it just changes the beta -> rc. Nobody has submitted good
> wording for anything else yet...

Then why not just remove the sentence "More information on how to test
and report issues is on the Beta Page" ? or maybe link to
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/HowToBetaTest

Re: wrong link?

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 10:52 PM, damien clochard <damien@dalibo.info> wrote:
> Le 28/08/2012 18:06, Magnus Hagander a écrit :

>>> There's also a small problem with one of the last sentence which says :
>>>
>>> « More information on how to test and report issues is on the Beta
>>> Page.» with a link to http://www.postgresql.org/developer/beta/
>>>
>>> But once you're on the beta page you only read this :
>>>
>>> «PostgreSQL 9.2 beta 3 was released on August 6, 2012.»
>>>
>>> Which is not incorrect per se but it doesn't give you any information on
>>> how to  test and report issues :-)
>>
>> Agh. I forgot to "git push" :O
>>

> still the news says : "Get PostgreSQL 9.2 beta"

I kind of assumed Josh would fix his own newspost, so I bypassed that
one. And then forgot about it.

Fixed now.

>> But no, it just changes the beta -> rc. Nobody has submitted good
>> wording for anything else yet...
>>

> Then why not just remove the sentence "More information on how to test
> and report issues is on the Beta Page" ? or maybe link to
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/HowToBetaTest

I've been expecting Josh to submit an update for that page :) If it's
confirmed that this will not be done, then yes, probably a good idea
to remove it.

I don't think we should be linking directly to the wiki in press
releases. But perhaps some of that wiki content should be moved to the
main site. But if so, then it needs to be agreed upon what's actually
on there - I'm not sure if it is :)