Call for RCs for 9.2 release

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Folks,

If you are a Regional Contact for PostgreSQL advocacy, or would like to
be a regional contact, please respond here.

Regional contacts need to be responsible for translating advocacy
materials, as well as for contacting the press, bloggers and aggregation
sites about the release on release day.  9.2 will most likely be
released in September.

More about being an RC here:
http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000047/2800/regional.contact.brief.txt

If you are an existing RC, I need you to answer this email to confirm
that you will be working on the 9.2 release.  Otherwise I'll assume
you're busy or on vacation and not available.

Also, if you are an existing RC and I need to update your contact info,
please remind me!

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: Call for RCs for 9.2 release

From
Jaime Casanova
Date:
On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 6:39 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> If you are a Regional Contact for PostgreSQL advocacy, or would like to
> be a regional contact, please respond here.

i'm ready

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación

Re: Call for RCs for 9.2 release

From
Santiago Zarate
Date:
So am i

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 6:51 PM, Jaime Casanova <jaime@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 6:39 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> Folks,
>>
>> If you are a Regional Contact for PostgreSQL advocacy, or would like to
>> be a regional contact, please respond here.
>>

> i'm ready
>
> --
> Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
> Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación

Santiago Zarate
Consultoria de Software || Software Consulting
  +(507) 64271684
  Skype: santiago-ve
  BB PIN: 23929BFE
  santiago@zarate.net.ve

"La mejor forma de hacer que un adolecente lea un libro es vetandolo.
Cuando alguien que ostenta una figura de autoridad dice, 'Danos tu
libro', creo que esos estudiantes piensan 'Debe haber algo poderoso en
esas palabras'." - Erin Gruwell

"The best way to get a teenager to read a book is to ban it. When
someone who is a daunting authority figure says, 'Give us your book',
I think these students [thought], 'There must be something powerful in
these words'. " - Erin Gruwell

Re: Call for RCs for 9.2 release

From
Mariano Reingart
Date:
On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 8:39 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> If you are a Regional Contact for PostgreSQL advocacy, or would like to
> be a regional contact, please respond here.
>
> Regional contacts need to be responsible for translating advocacy
> materials, as well as for contacting the press, bloggers and aggregation
> sites about the release on release day.  9.2 will most likely be
> released in September.
>
> More about being an RC here:
> http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000047/2800/regional.contact.brief.txt
>
> If you are an existing RC, I need you to answer this email to confirm
> that you will be working on the 9.2 release.  Otherwise I'll assume
> you're busy or on vacation and not available.

I will be glad to work on 9.2, specially publicizing it on the PgDay
Argentina in November!

Best regards,

Mariano Reingart
http://www.sistemasagiles.com.ar
http://reingart.blogspot.com

Re: Call for RCs for 9.2 release

From
Gabriele Bartolini
Date:
Hi Josh,

Il 02/08/12 01:39, Josh Berkus ha scritto:
> If you are an existing RC, I need you to answer this email to confirm
> that you will be working on the 9.2 release.  Otherwise I'll assume
> you're busy or on vacation and not available.
I'm in for Italy. Thanks.

Cheers,
Gabriele

--
  Gabriele Bartolini - 2ndQuadrant Italia
  gabriele.bartolini@2ndQuadrant.it | www.2ndQuadrant.it

Re: Call for RCs for 9.2 release

From
Atri Sharma
Date:
On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 12:05 PM, Gabriele Bartolini
<gabriele.bartolini@2ndquadrant.it> wrote:
> Hi Josh,
>
> Il 02/08/12 01:39, Josh Berkus ha scritto:
>
>> If you are an existing RC, I need you to answer this email to confirm
>> that you will be working on the 9.2 release.  Otherwise I'll assume
>> you're busy or on vacation and not available.
>
> I'm in for Italy. Thanks.
>
> Cheers,
> Gabriele
>
> --
>  Gabriele Bartolini - 2ndQuadrant Italia
>  PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support
>  gabriele.bartolini@2ndQuadrant.it | www.2ndQuadrant.it

I would love to be the RC for India.

Atri

Atri
l'apprenant

Re: Call for RCs for 9.2 release

From
Rafael Martinez
Date:

Re: Call for RCs for 9.2 release

From
Chris Travers
Date:
I could do it for Malaysia if there is nobody lined up.  Indonesia is
a little harder because of language barriers but if you need help
there I could help.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers

Re: Call for RCs for 9.2 release

From
"Stéphane A. Schildknecht"
Date:

Re: Call for RCs for 9.2 release

From
Simon Riggs
Date:
On 2 August 2012 00:39, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

> If you are a Regional Contact for PostgreSQL advocacy, or would like to
> be a regional contact, please respond here.

Ready

Re: Call for RCs for 9.2 release

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:
Hi,

On Wed, 2012-08-01 at 16:39 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:

> If you are a Regional Contact for PostgreSQL advocacy, or would like
> to be a regional contact, please respond here.

ACK

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: Call for RCs for 9.2 release

From
Raymond O'Donnell
Date:
On 02/08/2012 00:39, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Folks,
>
> If you are a Regional Contact for PostgreSQL advocacy, or would like to
> be a regional contact, please respond here.
>
> Regional contacts need to be responsible for translating advocacy
> materials, as well as for contacting the press, bloggers and aggregation
> sites about the release on release day.  9.2 will most likely be
> released in September.
>
> More about being an RC here:
> http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000047/2800/regional.contact.brief.txt
>
> If you are an existing RC, I need you to answer this email to confirm
> that you will be working on the 9.2 release.  Otherwise I'll assume
> you're busy or on vacation and not available.
>
> Also, if you are an existing RC and I need to update your contact info,
> please remind me!

I'm here.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: Call for RCs for 9.2 release

From
Szymon Guz
Date:
[...]

I could be RC for Poland.

thanks,
Szymon

Re: Call for RCs for 9.2 release

From
Fernando Fontana

I'm ready for Uruguay.

Regards,
Fernando Fontana

gilberto.castillo@etecsa.cu

> Folks,
>
> If you are a Regional Contact for PostgreSQL advocacy, or would like to
> be a regional contact, please respond here.
>
> Regional contacts need to be responsible for translating advocacy
> materials, as well as for contacting the press, bloggers and aggregation
> sites about the release on release day.  9.2 will most likely be
> released in September.

Hi Josh

Need to change my phone  to  (53)-7-52881491  for  +5352881491

I'm ready
---
This message was processed by Kaspersky Mail Gateway 5.6.28/RELEASE running at host imx3.etecsa.cu
Visit our web-site: <http://www.kaspersky.com>, <http://www.viruslist.com>

Re: Call for RCs for 9.2 release

From
Susanne Ebrecht
Date:
Am 02.08.2012 01:39, schrieb Josh Berkus:
> Folks,
>
> If you are a Regional Contact for PostgreSQL advocacy, or would like to
> be a regional contact, please respond here.

I am in for Germany together with Andreas.

Susanne

--
Dipl. Inf. Susanne Ebrecht - 2ndQuadrant
www.2ndQuadrant.com

Re: Call for RCs for 9.2 release

From
Emanuel Calvo
Date:
2012/8/2 Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>:
> Folks,
>
> If you are a Regional Contact for PostgreSQL advocacy, or would like to
> be a regional contact, please respond here.
>
> Regional contacts need to be responsible for translating advocacy
> materials, as well as for contacting the press, bloggers and aggregation
> sites about the release on release day.  9.2 will most likely be
> released in September.
>
> More about being an RC here:
> http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000047/2800/regional.contact.brief.txt
>
> If you are an existing RC, I need you to answer this email to confirm
> that you will be working on the 9.2 release.  Otherwise I'll assume
> you're busy or on vacation and not available.
>
> Also, if you are an existing RC and I need to update your contact info,
> please remind me!

I'm in Spain. BTM, in Barcelona. I'm seeking a Catalan  for this area,
technical meetings are in that language. Besides I didn't have any
problems yet with that, would be nice to extend our Press coverage on
the region with some native.

Emanuel Calvo

Date:
2012/8/3 Emanuel Calvo <postgres.arg@gmail.com>:
> 2012/8/2 Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>:
>> Folks,
>>
>> If you are a Regional Contact for PostgreSQL advocacy, or would like to
>> be a regional contact, please respond here.
>>
>> Regional contacts need to be responsible for translating advocacy
>> materials, as well as for contacting the press, bloggers and aggregation
>> sites about the release on release day.  9.2 will most likely be
>> released in September.
>>
>> More about being an RC here:
>> http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000047/2800/regional.contact.brief.txt
>>
>> If you are an existing RC, I need you to answer this email to confirm
>> that you will be working on the 9.2 release.  Otherwise I'll assume
>> you're busy or on vacation and not available.
>>
>> Also, if you are an existing RC and I need to update your contact info,
>> please remind me!
>>

> I'm in Spain. BTM, in Barcelona. I'm seeking a Catalan  for this area,
> technical meetings are in that language. Besides I didn't have any
> problems yet with that, would be nice to extend our Press coverage on
> the region with some native.

Sorry the noise. Please, also add my number: 0034 637327378.

Emanuel Calvo

Re: Call for RCs for 9.2 release

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Emmanuel,

Are you saying you want to do the release in Catalonian as well as
Spanish?  Fine with me.  ;-)

--

Date:
On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 12:54 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Emmanuel,
>
> Are you saying you want to do the release in Catalonian as well as
> Spanish?  Fine with me.  ;-)
>

> --
> Josh Berkus
> PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
> http://pgexperts.com

Josh,

WE nee d a good base in India.Maybe,we should plan some small conferences.

Atri

Atri
l'apprenant

Re: Call for RCs for 9.2 release

From
Jussi Mikkola
Date:
Finally a better time. I'll take care of Finland.
Rgs,

Jussi

[...]

Magnus Hagander
Date:
On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 1:39 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> If you are a Regional Contact for PostgreSQL advocacy, or would like to
> be a regional contact, please respond here.

up for .se, as usual.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Re: Call for RCs for 9.2 release

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Excerpts from Josh Berkus's message of mié ago 01 19:39:48 -0400 2012:
> Folks,
>
> If you are a Regional Contact for PostgreSQL advocacy, or would like to
> be a regional contact, please respond here.
>
> Regional contacts need to be responsible for translating advocacy
> materials, as well as for contacting the press, bloggers and aggregation
> sites about the release on release day.  9.2 will most likely be
> released in September.

I'm available.

Re: Call for RCs for 9.2 release

From
Alexey Klyukin
Date:
Hi,

On Aug 2, 2012, at 2:39 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> If you are a Regional Contact for PostgreSQL advocacy, or would like to
> be a regional contact, please respond here.
>
> Regional contacts need to be responsible for translating advocacy
> materials, as well as for contacting the press, bloggers and aggregation
> sites about the release on release day.  9.2 will most likely be
> released in September.

I've noticed there is no RC for Ukraine (as well as other countries that used to be a part of the USSR). I'm not sure
ifNikolay (RC for Russia) sends press-releases to journalists in these countries and handles their requests (if any) as
well,if so, I certainly don't want to interfere with his work.

At present, we have a lot of people in Ukraine speaking Ukrainian as well as Russian and there are Ukrainian-only sites
devotedto open-source software (linux.org.ua being the most prominent example). While I'm not a native Ukrainian
speaker,I understand the language quite well to reply to requests in Ukrainian, as well as Russian, and can get the
assistanceof my family in translating press materials and reaching out to Ukrainian speaking communities. Furthermore,
sinceI reside in Ukraine, it's easier for me to get contacted by local press and volunteers.

Therefore, unless there are objections or others willing to handle these duties, I'd like to become the RC for Ukraine.

My phone number is: +380 91 917-70-43.

--
Alexey Klyukin        http://www.commandprompt.com
The PostgreSQL Company – Command Prompt, Inc.

Date:
> Therefore, unless there are objections or others willing to handle these duties, I'd like to become the RC for
Ukraine.
> My phone number is: +380 91 917-70-43.

Sounds good to me!

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
http://pgexperts.com

Re: Call for RCs for 9.2 release

From
Rob Napier
Date:
Josh

I'm available if you need me.

I can certainly handle the media but lack the technical depth so I'd like to
find someone to tag-team with. Is there someone in Australia who could help
out if I get out of my depth?

On 2/08/12 9:39 AM, "Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> If you are a Regional Contact for PostgreSQL advocacy, or would like to
> be a regional contact, please respond here.

Regards

Rob Napier

mobile:         +61 43 44 00 000

Re: Call for RCs for 9.2 release

From
Alejandro Carrillo
Date:
Josh,

I'm available too

I can certainly handle the media but lack the technical depth so I'd like to
find someone to tag-team with. Is there someone in Australia who could help
out if I get out of my depth?

On 2/08/12 9:39 AM, "Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> If you are a Regional Contact for PostgreSQL advocacy, or would like to
> be a regional contact, please respond here.

Regards

Rob Napier

mobile:        +61 43 44 00 000

Re: Call for RCs for 9.2 release

From
Emanuel
Date:
yes, will be somehow helpfully. My Català sucks pretty much, but could find someone who helps me on that ^^

--
Emanuel Calvo

El 03/08/2012, a las 18:54, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> escribió:

> Emmanuel,
>
> Are you saying you want to do the release in Catalonian as well as
> Spanish?  Fine with me.  ;-)
>

> --
> Josh Berkus
> PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
> http://pgexperts.com

Re: Call for RCs for 9.2 release

From
Ernesto Quiñones
Date:
Peru present

Visita : http://www.eqsoft.net
Sigueme en Twitter : http://www.twitter.com/ernestoq

[...]

Date:
Hello Josh,

Could the website address for Argentina be updated?

http://www.arpug.com.ar/

http://www.postgresql.org.ar