Regarding a small session on PostgreSQL

From
Atri Sharma
Date:
 Hi all,

 I will be taking a small session on benefits of PostgreSQL in GSoc
 meetup in Mumbai,India on 15th June 2012.

 Please send me a relevant presentation I can use as reference while
 speaking and also some other material which may help me(I am a newbie
 hacker of PostgreSQL).

 The presentation will be approximately of 15 minutes.

 Thanks in advance,

 Atri

 Atri
 l'apprenant

Atri
l'apprenant

Re: Regarding a small session on PostgreSQL

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
On 5/30/12 8:53 AM, Atri Sharma wrote:
>  Hi all,
>
>  I will be taking a small session on benefits of PostgreSQL in GSoc
>  meetup in Mumbai,India on 15th June 2012.
>
>  Please send me a relevant presentation I can use as reference while
>  speaking and also some other material which may help me(I am a newbie
>  hacker of PostgreSQL).

What do you mean by "benefits of PostgreSQL"?  What makes it a good
database?  Or something else?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Date:
On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 10:16 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> On 5/30/12 8:53 AM, Atri Sharma wrote:
>>  Hi all,
>>
>>  I will be taking a small session on benefits of PostgreSQL in GSoc
>>  meetup in Mumbai,India on 15th June 2012.
>>
>>  Please send me a relevant presentation I can use as reference while
>>  speaking and also some other material which may help me(I am a newbie
>>  hacker of PostgreSQL).
>
> What do you mean by "benefits of PostgreSQL"?  What makes it a good
> database?  Or something else?
>

> --
> Josh Berkus
> PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
> http://pgexperts.com
Hi Josh,

Well,It will be a bit of highlighting good points of PostgreSQL and
also a bit of evangelism....

Date:
> Well,It will be a bit of highlighting good points of PostgreSQL and
> also a bit of evangelism....

You know, I don't have a general "Why PostgreSQL" talk which is even
remotely current.  Does anyone else?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: Regarding a small session on PostgreSQL

From
Selena Deckelmann
Date:
On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 4:01 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

>> Well,It will be a bit of highlighting good points of PostgreSQL and
>> also a bit of evangelism....
>
> You know, I don't have a general "Why PostgreSQL" talk which is even
> remotely current.  Does anyone else?

The first part of this replication talk I gave at LCA 2012 is
relevant, but we probably need something more specific:

http://www.slideshare.net/selenamarie/pg92-ha-talk

-selena

--
http://chesnok.com

Re: Regarding a small session on PostgreSQL

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On 06/01/2012 04:01 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

>> Well,It will be a bit of highlighting good points of PostgreSQL and
>> also a bit of evangelism....
>
> You know, I don't have a general "Why PostgreSQL" talk which is even
> remotely current.  Does anyone else?

Oddly enough, no. Seems like a good community topic though.

jD

@cmdpromptinc - @postgresconf - 509-416-6579

Date:
On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 8:32 AM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> On 06/01/2012 04:01 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
>>

>>> Well,It will be a bit of highlighting good points of PostgreSQL and
>>> also a bit of evangelism....
>>

>> You know, I don't have a general "Why PostgreSQL" talk which is even
>> remotely current.  Does anyone else?
>>

> Oddly enough, no. Seems like a good community topic though.
>
> jD
>
> --
> Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/
> PostgreSQL Support, Training, Professional Services and Development
> The PostgreSQL Conference - http://www.postgresqlconference.org/
> @cmdpromptinc - @postgresconf - 509-416-6579

Hi all,

Please send me some material...The GSoc meetup is nearly here...

Atri

Atri
l'apprenant

Re: Regarding a small session on PostgreSQL

From
Joshua Berkus
Date:
Atri,

This presentation has some of the advantages of PostgreSQL for data warehousing:
http://pgexperts.com/document.html?id=49

This is a 2-year-old presentation which has an introduction to PostgreSQL:
http://pgexperts.com/document.html?id=57

Date:
On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 2:50 AM, Joshua Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Atri,
>
> This presentation has some of the advantages of PostgreSQL for data warehousing:
> http://pgexperts.com/document.html?id=49
>
> This is a 2-year-old presentation which has an introduction to PostgreSQL:
> http://pgexperts.com/document.html?id=57

Thanks a ton Josh!!!!

Date:
On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 2:50 AM, Joshua Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Atri,
>
> This presentation has some of the advantages of PostgreSQL for data warehousing:
> http://pgexperts.com/document.html?id=49
>
> This is a 2-year-old presentation which has an introduction to PostgreSQL:
> http://pgexperts.com/document.html?id=57

Hi all,

First of all,I would like to thank all of you(especially Josh) for the
support and material you gave me.It was really helpful.

The presentation was a success.I feel I was able to put the point
across to the audience and the response was pretty good.

I am sure the elephant has some new followers after my brief
presentation yesterday.

I will post the link to the blog post about the meetup once it is there.

Thanks again

Atri

Atri
l'apprenant