PGCon 2011 Call for Papers - reminder

From
Dan Langille
Date:
A reminder about PGCon 2011; the deadline is 19 January 2011.

PGCon 2011 will be held 19-20 May 2011, in Ottawa at the University of
Ottawa.  It will be preceded by two days of tutorials on 17-18 May 2011.

We are now accepting proposals for talks.  Proposals can be quite
simple. We do not require academic-style papers.

If you are doing something interesting with PostgreSQL, please submit
a proposal.  You might be one of the backend hackers or work on a
PostgreSQL related project and want to share your know-how with
others. You might be developing an interesting system using PostgreSQL
as the foundation. Perhaps you migrated from another database to
PostgreSQL and would like to share details.  These, and other stories
are welcome. Both users and developers are encouraged to share their
experiences.

Here are a some ideas to jump start your proposal process:

- novel ways in which PostgreSQL is used
- migration of production systems from another database
- data warehousing
- tuning PostgreSQL for different work loads
- replication and clustering
- hacking the PostgreSQL code
- PostgreSQL derivatives and forks
- applications built around PostgreSQL
- benchmarking and performance engineering
- case studies
- location-aware and mapping software with PostGIS
- PostgreSQL 9.1 and 9.2 features in development
- research and teaching with PostgreSQL
- things the PostgreSQL project could do better
- integrating PostgreSQL with 3rd-party software

Both users and developers are encouraged to share their experiences.

The schedule is:

  1 Dec 2010 Proposal acceptance begins
19 Jan 2011 Proposal acceptance ends
19 Feb 2011 Confirmation of accepted proposals

See also <http://www.pgcon.org/2011/papers.php>

Instructions for submitting a proposal to PGCon 2011 are available
from: <http://www.pgcon.org/2011/submissions.php>

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org/

PGDAY-Latino 2011 Call for Papers - reminder

From
Gilberto Castillo Martínez
Date:
All,

A reminder about PGDAY-Latino 2011; the deadline expire is 25 January
2011.

PGDAY-Latino 2011 will be held 4-5 february 2011, in La Habana at the
University of sciences  computing (UCI).  It will be preceded by
PGDAY-Cuba on 1-2 february 2011.

We are now accepting proposals for talks.

See http://postgresql.uci.cu/

--
regards,
Gilberto Castillo

IMPORTANT! PGDAY-Latino 2011

From
Gilberto Castillo Martínez
Date:
IMPORTANT!:

For foreign participants at the Third Latin American PGDay, to be held
at the University of Informatics Sciences, Havana, in February 2011.

Dear, after doing all the planning and coordination will link the
information regarding your participation in our event:

** The event will be charges for the management of the visas.

** The passenger must pay the interest.

** The accommodation and food during the days of the event will be
guaranteed by us.

** need before Wednesday January 12, 2011 the following information for
making work visas.

DATA TO BE SENT TO OUR MAIL CONTACT

** Full Name.

** # of passport and / or card indet.

** Nationality and country of residence.

** Date of arrival and departure.

(YOU NEED TO ALL INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING IN OUR EVENTS PAGE TO
REGISTER IN THE EVENT AS PARTICIPANTS)

Direct link: http://postgresql.uci.cu/node/1
Gilberto Castillo
Edificio Beijing. Miramar Trade Center. Etecsa.
Miramar, La Habana.Cuba.
---
This message was processed by Kaspersky Mail Gateway 5.6.28/RELEASE running at host imx2.etecsa.cu
Visit our web-site: <http://www.kaspersky.com>, <http://www.viruslist.com>

Re: PGCon 2011 Call for Papers - reminder

From
silly sad
Date:
On 01/11/11 15:42, Dan Langille wrote:

> We are now accepting proposals for talks.  Proposals can be quite
> simple. We do not require academic-style papers.

Is it possible to browse other applicants' proposals?

Re: PGCon 2011 Call for Papers - reminder

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
On 1/12/11 3:45 AM, silly sad wrote:
> On 01/11/11 15:42, Dan Langille wrote:
>
>> We are now accepting proposals for talks.  Proposals can be quite
>> simple. We do not require academic-style papers.
>
> Is it possible to browse other applicants' proposals?

No.

--
                                  -- Josh Berkus
                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

SUMMARY! PGDAY-Latino 2011

From
Gilberto Castillo Martínez

All,

You can view the summary of PGDAY-Latino in
http://postgresql.uci.cu/node/135 an attached the  name Relatoría III
PGDay Latinoamericano.ppt