Restore times

From
Alastair Turner
Date:
Hi

I had a converstion yesterday suggesting Postgres to an organisation
who are evaluating databases for a rewrite of their internal admin
applications. One issue which is very important to them which I don't
have any useful stats on is time taken to restore backups. Their main
database is in the 200-300GB size range and I just don't have anything
that size in production. Does anyone have stats on the time taken to
restore a database in that size range which they are willing to share?

Thanks

Bell.

Re: Restore times

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:
On Wed, 2010-09-08 at 11:05 +0200, Alastair Turner wrote:
> Their main database is in the 200-300GB size range and I just don't
> have anything that size in production. Does anyone have stats on the
> time taken to restore a database in that size range which they are
> willing to share?

Depends on the # of indexes. Ours take 2-3 hours on a really nice SAN
storage.
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
PostgreSQL RPM Repository: http://yum.pgrpms.org