Howdy all,
See http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2010/01/28/new-olap-wikistat-benchmark-introduction-and-call-for-feedbacks/
including comments.

Does anyone want to take a crack at helping Percona with tuning pg for
a benchmarking roundup? I would like to recuse myself as the title on
my business cards is "Senior MySQL Database Administrator" or some
such.

Cheers,

Rob Wultsch

On 2/1/10 12:26 AM, Rob Wultsch wrote:
> Howdy all,
> See http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2010/01/28/new-olap-wikistat-benchmark-introduction-and-call-for-feedbacks/
> including comments.
>
> Does anyone want to take a crack at helping Percona with tuning pg for
> a benchmarking roundup? I would like to recuse myself as the title on
> my business cards is "Senior MySQL Database Administrator" or some
> such.

Do we have hardware somewhere?  Or do we need to use the Postgres hardware?

I've been looking at SSB to replace DBT3 anyway for our automated
testing, since DBT3 takes forever and a lot of handholding to run.

--Josh Berkus

Re: Expert'ish person for OLAP benchmark roundup including pg on mysqlperformanceblog

From
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 2/1/10 12:26 AM, Rob Wultsch wrote:
>> Howdy all,
>> See http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2010/01/28/new-olap-wikistat-benchmark-introduction-and-call-for-feedbacks/
>> including comments.
>>
>> Does anyone want to take a crack at helping Percona with tuning pg for
>> a benchmarking roundup? I would like to recuse myself as the title on
>> my business cards is "Senior MySQL Database Administrator" or some
>> such.
>
> Do we have hardware somewhere?  Or do we need to use the Postgres hardware?
>
> I've been looking at SSB to replace DBT3 anyway for our automated
> testing, since DBT3 takes forever and a lot of handholding to run.

we have automated testing somewhere?

Stefan

>> I've been looking at SSB to replace DBT3 anyway for our automated
>> testing, since DBT3 takes forever and a lot of handholding to run.
>
> we have automated testing somewhere?

Mark's been doing DBT2.

Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
>>> I've been looking at SSB to replace DBT3 anyway for our automated
>>> testing, since DBT3 takes forever and a lot of handholding to run.
>> we have automated testing somewhere?
>
> Mark's been doing DBT2.

url?

Stefan

Rob,

I'm looking at the technical details, and this is an awfully simple
schema for a DW.  Can you really run suitably complex queries on it?

--Josh Berkus

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 10:24 AM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner
<stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> wrote:

>>> we have automated testing somewhere?
>>
>> Mark's been doing DBT2.
>
> url?

Over 2 months later...

It's not quite automated yet because we are undersized with drives for
dbt2 with the HP DL380 G5, 1 HP MSA 70, and 2 14-disk jbods from
Hi5.com.  I'm trying to size up dbt5, another oltp type workload that
is supposed to have much less of an i/o requirement and use things
like foreign-key constraints (humor for those familiar with dbt2).

There are some links to slides on the wiki:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/DBT-2

IIRC, the slides show things I attempted to trend with links to the
pile of raw data which are here:

http://207.173.203.223/~markwkm/community6/dbt2/

Regards,
Mark