Looking for someone to present at MySQLCon

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Folks,

I'm looking for someone to present "Managing a mixed PostgreSQL/MySQL
Environment" at MySQLCon in April in Santa Clara.  If you have recent
experience managing the the two DBMSes together and are a good speaker,
please submit talks to mysqlcon.  Deadline is Thursday.  Thanks!

http://en.oreilly.com/mysql2010/public/content/home

Travel funding from O'Reilly is unlikely to be available.  Travel
funding from SPI or PG.us might be possible, depending.  But you have to
get the talk accepted first.

--Josh Berkus

Re: Looking for someone to present at MySQLCon

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
On 1/11/10 11:16 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I'm looking for someone to present "Managing a mixed PostgreSQL/MySQL
> Environment" at MySQLCon in April in Santa Clara.  If you have recent
> experience managing the the two DBMSes together and are a good speaker,
> please submit talks to mysqlcon.  Deadline is Thursday.  Thanks!

To be completely clear: they're also looking for other talks of interest
to a MySQL audience by Postgres people.  However, that was the one
specifically suggested by a member of the conference committee.

--Josh Berkus

Re: Looking for someone to present at MySQLCon

From
Jeff Davis
Date:
On Mon, 2010-01-11 at 11:16 -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I'm looking for someone to present "Managing a mixed PostgreSQL/MySQL
> Environment" at MySQLCon in April in Santa Clara.  If you have recent
> experience managing the the two DBMSes together and are a good speaker,
> please submit talks to mysqlcon.  Deadline is Thursday.  Thanks!
>
> http://en.oreilly.com/mysql2010/public/content/home

It looks like the deadline is Jan 27 -- what is the Thursday deadline
(Jan 14)?

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

Date:
On 1/13/10 9:11 AM, Jeff Davis wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-01-11 at 11:16 -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Folks,
>>
>> I'm looking for someone to present "Managing a mixed PostgreSQL/MySQL
>> Environment" at MySQLCon in April in Santa Clara.  If you have recent
>> experience managing the the two DBMSes together and are a good speaker,
>> please submit talks to mysqlcon.  Deadline is Thursday.  Thanks!
>>
>> http://en.oreilly.com/mysql2010/public/content/home
>
> It looks like the deadline is Jan 27 -- what is the Thursday deadline
> (Jan 14)?

They apparently extended the deadline last week.

Date:
On Mon, 2010-01-11 at 11:16 -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> I'm looking for someone to present "Managing a mixed PostgreSQL/MySQL
> Environment" at MySQLCon in April in Santa Clara.  If you have recent
> experience managing the the two DBMSes together and are a good speaker,
> please submit talks to mysqlcon.

I submitted that a proposal with that title.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis