Need help from someone experienced with podcasts

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
All,

I'm planning to continue my "PostgreSQL Developer Podcast" series.  For
that, I'd like to get the podcast RSS'd and listed with iTunes, but I'm
starting from scratch in how to do that.

Does anyone have experience with this?  Help?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: Need help from someone experienced with podcasts

From
Christophe Pettus
Date:
On Sep 15, 2009, at 11:10 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> I'm planning to continue my "PostgreSQL Developer Podcast" series.
> For
> that, I'd like to get the podcast RSS'd and listed with iTunes, but
> I'm
> starting from scratch in how to do that.
>
> Does anyone have experience with this?  Help?

Once you have the MP3 file for the podcast, it's usually no big deal.
If you include it as a link to a blog entry (just put the <a href...>
in the entry, pointing at the MP3 file), nearly every podcast-playing
program out there will pick it up correctly when pointed at the RSS
link for the blog.  Once you've got that going, the iTunes submission
details are at:

    http://www.apple.com/itunes/podcasts/creatorfaq.html

Hope this helps!

--
-- Christophe Pettus
    xof@thebuild.com

Re: Need help from someone experienced with podcasts

From
satoshi.nagayasu@gmail.com
Date:
Josh,

> Does anyone have experience with this?  Help?

What do you need to have? Web storage? RSS generating scripts?
MP3 posting CGI? Or all of them? ;-)
I had wrote my own podcast CGI script, so I can write it again.

I guess you can write your own code to publish podcast RSS,
but  "podcast hosting services" will make it easy.
Which do you prefer?

Once you have RSS, I think you can register your RSS to the iTunes.