Re: Another misinformed PostgreSQL VS MySQL article

From
Gabriele Bartolini
Date:
Richard Broersma ha scritto:
> http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/archive/postgresql-vs-mysql-comparative-review/

I am cutting and pasting:  "The PostgreSQL 6.x series and those released
before it suffered from stability issue.  Random disconnects, core dumps
and memory leaks were common with these series. However, the PostgreSQL
7.x series showed significant improvement in terms of stability."

This is simply hilarious. PostgreSQL 6.x!?!?!? PostgreSQL 7.x!?!?!?!

--
 Gabriele Bartolini - 2ndQuadrant Italia
 gabriele.bartolini@2ndQuadrant.it | www.2ndQuadrant.it

Re: Another misinformed PostgreSQL VS MySQL article

From
"Greg Sabino Mullane"
Date:

Re: Another misinformed PostgreSQL VS MySQL article

From
David Fetter
Date:
On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 07:41:50AM -0700, Richard Broersma wrote:
> http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/archive/postgresql-vs-mysql-comparative-review/

Wow.  Just wow.  In this case, the top line of the piece really gives
it away: "Simple solutions for complex problems."

H.L. Mencken once wrote, "For every complex problem there is an answer
that is clear, simple, and wrong."

My bet's on Mencken here.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

Date:
Greg Sabino Mullane ha scritto:
>> http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/archive/postgresql-vs-mysql-comparative-review/
>>

> Wow, that's absolutely the worst article I've ever seen on the topic. I laughed;
> I cried; I kept checking the date at the top of the article to see if they
> misplaced a year (or a decade). It looks as if a non-English speaker who knows
> next to nothing about either system grabbed an old article from the web (I won't
> give it more link juice by naming it here), ran it through their own biases.
>
> Astounding.

I left a comment, but I can't see it. Brilliant.

--
 Gabriele Bartolini - 2ndQuadrant Italia
 gabriele.bartolini@2ndQuadrant.it | www.2ndQuadrant.it

Re: Another misinformed PostgreSQL VS MySQL article

From
Pavel Stehule
Date:
Hello

2009/8/31 Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele.bartolini@2ndquadrant.it>:
> Greg Sabino Mullane ha scritto:
>>>

>>> http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/archive/postgresql-vs-mysql-comparative-review/

I can't to thing so this article is serious. This is set of shits. Too
much for serious work

Pavel

>> Wow, that's absolutely the worst article I've ever seen on the topic. I
>> laughed;
>> I cried; I kept checking the date at the top of the article to see if they
>> misplaced a year (or a decade). It looks as if a non-English speaker who
>> knows
>> next to nothing about either system grabbed an old article from the web (I
>> won't
>> give it more link juice by naming it here), ran it through their own
>> biases.
>>
>> Astounding.
>>

> I left a comment, but I can't see it. Brilliant.
>
> --
> Gabriele Bartolini - 2ndQuadrant Italia
> PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support
> gabriele.bartolini@2ndQuadrant.it | www.2ndQuadrant.it

Re: Another misinformed PostgreSQL VS MySQL article

From
Joshua Kramer
Date:
> I can't to thing so this article is serious. This is set of shits. Too
> much for serious work

Pavel, that is the funniest thing I have read in a long time... I need a
new keyboard.

--

-----
http://www.globalherald.net/jb01

Date:
2009/8/31 Joshua Kramer <josh@globalherald.net>:

>> I can't to thing so this article is serious. This is set of shits. Too
>> much for serious work
>
> Pavel, that is the funniest thing I have read in a long time... I need a new
> keyboard.

sorry, :) I have to some with my English

Pavel

> --
>
> -----
> http://www.globalherald.net/jb01
> GlobalHerald.NET, the Smarter Social Network! (tm)

Re: Another misinformed PostgreSQL VS MySQL article

From
Thomas Kellerer
Date:
Gabriele Bartolini wrote on 31.08.2009 18:41:
> Greg Sabino Mullane ha scritto:
>>> http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/archive/postgresql-vs-mysql-comparative-review/
>
> I left a comment, but I can't see it. Brilliant.

Same here...

Re: Another misinformed PostgreSQL VS MySQL article

From
Brendan Jurd
Date:
2009/9/1 Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>:
> 2009/8/31 Joshua Kramer <josh@globalherald.net>:
>>
>>> I can't to thing so this article is serious. This is set of shits. Too
>>> much for serious work
>>
>> Pavel, that is the funniest thing I have read in a long time... I need a new
>> keyboard.
>>

> sorry, :) I have to some with my English

By some sort of serendipity, Pavel's English has given us the most
beautifully succinct possible description.

The article is truly a "set of shits".  It's just one shit after another.

From now on I'm definitely going to use that phrase for anything with
deeply absent quality.

Thanks Pavel =)

BJ

Re: Another misinformed PostgreSQL VS MySQL article

From
Nikhil Sontakke
Date:
> The article is truly a "set of shits".  It's just one shit after another.
>
> From now on I'm definitely going to use that phrase for anything with
> deeply absent quality.

+2 :)

Nikhils
--
http://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: Another misinformed PostgreSQL VS MySQL article

From
Dave Page
Date:
On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 6:38 PM, Thomas Kellerer<spam_eater@gmx.net> wrote:
> Gabriele Bartolini wrote on 31.08.2009 18:41:

>> I left a comment, but I can't see it. Brilliant.
>
> Same here...

Seems there are a bunch of them there now, most rightly very critical.
I suppose there's something to be said for the fact that the author
approved them all!

--
Dave Page

Re: Another misinformed PostgreSQL VS MySQL article

From
Christopher Browne
Date:
pavel.stehule@gmail.com (Pavel Stehule) writes:
> 2009/8/31 Joshua Kramer <josh@globalherald.net>:
>>
>>> I can't to thing so this article is serious. This is set of shits. Too
>>> much for serious work
>>
>> Pavel, that is the funniest thing I have read in a long time... I need a new
>> keyboard.
>>

> sorry, :) I have to some with my English

[Chris is glad he didn't have coffee in his mouth when he saw this...]

No matter how mangled your English got (and we can tell you were
provoked!!!), it's not *remotely* as bad as the misinformed article was.

And you succeeded beyond your wildest dreams at communicating its
staggering awfulness.  Improving the English wouldn't improve that!
:-).
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="ca.afilias.info" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
Christopher Browne

Re: Another misinformed PostgreSQL VS MySQL article

From
Shane Ambler
Date:
I'm glad I got to read this article after it was updated to refer to
postgresql 8.4 otherwise I would have missed the best info I have read
for some time -

<quote>
PostgreSQL: It has been equipped with advanced set of features, such as
stored procedures and subqueries. These have been implemented to offer a
more stability.
</quote>

DOOHH!! That's why my apps keep crashing -
I don't use enough subqueries!!!!

;-P

--

Shane Ambler