Swag for conferences: please make requests now

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Folks,

We have the following things in Oakland to be shipped to anyone who is
doing a booth in North America in the next 2 months:

8.4 Flyers (600): Rob's flyer, we want to use these up while 8.4 is
still new.

What Is PostgreSQL Flyers (800): general flyer.

Blue PostgreSQL T-shirts: assorted sizes.  Meant for volunteers to wear
at the booth.  Also as a gift in exchange for donations of $10 or more.

USB Keys (in Portland, actually): USB keys for PostgresQL disk images.
To be sent only if you have a specific plan for how to use them or get
donations for them; they were fairly expensive.

Pop-up Display: classy booth display.  Only for 8'x8' booths or larger,
for 2-day or longer events (due to cost of shipping).

Mini-banners: two 1'x5' banners, for events where the pop-up display is
too large.

Please be specific and realistic about quantities required; shipping is
expensive and we don't want you shipping too much back.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: Swag for conferences: please make requests now

From
Santiago Zarate
Date:
Josh, do you have a picture of the mini banners? we (at Venezuela) would be
interested in the flyers, usbkeys andthe TShirts, but we can do that for
ourselves...

The mini-banners sound interesting... Specially the 8x8... but we would use
them only at the National Free Software Congress... wich is a two day event
per branch  (Usually 10 states)...  I can make arrangements to get a booth at
every branch :P.  But my point, if i ask for one of these (Both, mini, and the
8x8) will they cost to us? if so, how much...

Thanks

--
Santiago Zarate
santiago@zarate.net.ve

Attachment

Re: Swag for conferences: please make requests now

From
Guido Barosio
Date:
Hold on, though these were just for North America!!!

We would love'em at south america!

gb.-

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 4:39 PM, Santiago Zarate<santiago@zarate.net.ve> wrote:
> Josh, do you have a picture of the mini banners? we (at Venezuela) would be
> interested in the flyers, usbkeys andthe TShirts, but we can do that for
> ourselves...
>
> The mini-banners sound interesting... Specially the 8x8... but we would use
> them only at the National Free Software Congress... wich is a two day event
> per branch  (Usually 10 states)...  I can make arrangements to get a booth at
> every branch :P.  But my point, if i ask for one of these (Both, mini, and the
> 8x8) will they cost to us? if so, how much...
>

> Thanks
>
> On Vie 31 Jul 2009 14:12:10 Josh Berkus escribió:
>> Folks,
>>
>> We have the following things in Oakland to be shipped to anyone who is
>> doing a booth in North America in the next 2 months:
>>
>> 8.4 Flyers (600): Rob's flyer, we want to use these up while 8.4 is
>> still new.
>>
>> What Is PostgreSQL Flyers (800): general flyer.
>>
>> Blue PostgreSQL T-shirts: assorted sizes.  Meant for volunteers to wear
>> at the booth.  Also as a gift in exchange for donations of $10 or more.
>>
>> USB Keys (in Portland, actually): USB keys for PostgresQL disk images.
>> To be sent only if you have a specific plan for how to use them or get
>> donations for them; they were fairly expensive.
>>
>> Pop-up Display: classy booth display.  Only for 8'x8' booths or larger,
>> for 2-day or longer events (due to cost of shipping).
>>
>> Mini-banners: two 1'x5' banners, for events where the pop-up display is
>> too large.
>>
>> Please be specific and realistic about quantities required; shipping is
>> expensive and we don't want you shipping too much back.
>>
>> --
>> Josh Berkus
>> PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
>> www.pgexperts.com
>
> --
> Santiago Zarate
> santiago@zarate.net.ve
> (+58) 4129864175
> (+58) 4241073905

Re: Swag for conferences: please make requests now

From
Gilberto Castillo Martínez
Date:
El vie, 31-07-2009 a las 11:42 -0700, Josh Berkus escribió:
> Folks,
>
> We have the following things in Oakland to be shipped to anyone who is
> doing a booth in North America in the next 2 months:
>
> 8.4 Flyers (600): Rob's flyer, we want to use these up while 8.4 is
> still new.
>
> What Is PostgreSQL Flyers (800): general flyer.
>
> Blue PostgreSQL T-shirts: assorted sizes.  Meant for volunteers to wear
> at the booth.  Also as a gift in exchange for donations of $10 or more.

+5
> USB Keys (in Portland, actually): USB keys for PostgresQL disk images.
> To be sent only if you have a specific plan for how to use them or get
> donations for them; they were fairly expensive.
>
> Pop-up Display: classy booth display.  Only for 8'x8' booths or larger,
> for 2-day or longer events (due to cost of shipping).

+4
> Mini-banners: two 1'x5' banners, for events where the pop-up display is
> too large.

+4

> Please be specific and realistic about quantities required; shipping is
> expensive and we don't want you shipping too much back.

--
Saludos,
Gilberto Castillo

Date:
On 7/31/09 12:46 PM, Guido Barosio wrote:
> Hold on, though these were just for North America!!!
>
> We would love'em at south america!

I could probably send the flyers to south america.  Anything else would
not be cost effective; it would be cheaper to send you the designs and
have you make stuff there.

The pop-up 8x8 booth display would cost $200 or more to ship, and would
be likely to be lost or damaged in transit.

--

Date:
On Vie 31 Jul 2009 16:38:57 Josh Berkus escribió:
> On 7/31/09 12:46 PM, Guido Barosio wrote:
> > Hold on, though these were just for North America!!!
> >
> > We would love'em at south america!
>
> I could probably send the flyers to south america.  Anything else would
> not be cost effective; it would be cheaper to send you the designs and
> have you make stuff there.
>
> The pop-up 8x8 booth display would cost $200 or more to ship, and would
> be likely to be lost or damaged in transit.

--
Santiago Zarate
santiago@zarate.net.ve
(+58) 4129864175
(+58) 4241073905

Attachment

Re: Swag for conferences: please make requests now

From
Santiago Zarate
Date:
In fact, if that's the case... i guess i'd prefer the designs... speaking of
that... i'll put the vepug's banner on the wiki...

On Vie 31 Jul 2009 16:38:57 Josh Berkus escribió:
> On 7/31/09 12:46 PM, Guido Barosio wrote:
> > Hold on, though these were just for North America!!!
> >
> > We would love'em at south america!
>
> I could probably send the flyers to south america.  Anything else would
> not be cost effective; it would be cheaper to send you the designs and
> have you make stuff there.
>
> The pop-up 8x8 booth display would cost $200 or more to ship, and would
> be likely to be lost or damaged in transit.

--
Santiago Zarate
santiago@zarate.net.ve
(+58) 4129864175
(+58) 4241073905

Attachment

Re: Swag for conferences: please make requests now

From
Rob Napier
Date:
Regarding "Rob's flyer":

My apologies for the delay with translations. I've been tied up with health problems and interstate travel since the first work was done on this. Also, there was some confusion over what was and was not the agreed translation in each language.

Last night I completed the Italian version. It only took me an hour to do it. I had the advantage of speaking to one person who handled all the liaison. I think this is the best model.

If one person can step up to the plate for each language and give me the final text and can be available to answer questions, I can do the same for other versions without further delay. Availability on Skype would make it even easier for me to get the work done quickly.

I have a Russian version ready for comment if anyone would like to take the lead on them. By the way, I found the biggest problem is getting suitable fonts to work in each language. I suggest that a standard font set be chosen for each language. Stick to those fonts for all brochures. It has proved to be a pain to get everything to match.

On 1/8/09 7:12 AM, "Santiago Zarate" <santiago@zarate.net.ve> wrote:

> In fact, if that's the case... i guess i'd prefer the designs... speaking of
> that... i'll put the vepug's banner on the wiki...

Regards

Rob Napier

Re: Swag for conferences: please make requests now

From
Guido Barosio
Date:
Wha tif I get someone to bring the stuff?

Some friends at SFO atm, is this booth something worth to carry as a
luggage or alike without being called a terrorist ?

gb.-

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 6:08 PM, Josh Berkus<josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> On 7/31/09 12:46 PM, Guido Barosio wrote:
>>
>> Hold on, though these were just for North America!!!
>>
>> We would love'em at south america!
>
> I could probably send the flyers to south america.  Anything else would not
> be cost effective; it would be cheaper to send you the designs and have you
> make stuff there.
>
> The pop-up 8x8 booth display would cost $200 or more to ship, and would be
> likely to be lost or damaged in transit.
>
> --
> Josh Berkus
> PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
> www.pgexperts.com

Re: Swag for conferences: please make requests now

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Guido,

> Some friends at SFO atm, is this booth something worth to carry as a
> luggage or alike without being called a terrorist ?

Unfortunately, it's just over the weight limit, so they'd have to pay
overweight charges.  It was supposed to be just *under*, but the actual
weight differed from the advertised weight.

Also, you'd need to get it back ...

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
www.pgexperts.com

Re: Swag for conferences: please make requests now

From
Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Date:
Josh Berkus escreveu:

Josh,

> 8.4 Flyers (600): Rob's flyer, we want to use these up while 8.4 is
> still new.
>
> What Is PostgreSQL Flyers (800): general flyer.

Is it possible to get the source to make the pt_BR translations?

--
  Euler Taveira de Oliveira
  http://www.timbira.com/

Re: Swag for conferences: please make requests now

From
Rob Napier
Date:
Euler

As I wrote earlier, send me a translation that your group agrees on and I'll
turn it around quickly.

I can set it up as files for downloading and with crop marks for printing. I
assume you use A4 format. If that's not the case, please let me know.