Call for New Regional Contacts

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
All,

Now that we're planning the 8.4 release, I'd like to find some new
regional contacts to help us spread it around the world.

A regional contact is a person who is active in the PostgreSQL community
in a specific country.  This person will receive press releases from the
PostgreSQL PR team, translate them (often with help) and forward them to
local reporters, bloggers, and user groups (as appropriate).  The
regional contact also publishes their contact information, and is
available for regional press and bloggers to contact for any questions
about PostgreSQL.  The RC must also commit to a fairly strict release
schedule for major release information.

More about being a Regional Contact here:
http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000047/2800/regional.contact.brief.txt

Our contacts for 8.3 are here:
http://www.postgresql.org/about/press/contact

Interested in being a regional contact?  Let me know.  Normally we don't
have more than one regional contact per country, but a few of the
contacts listed there won't be available this release cycle.  Such as:
we need a new contact for Canada.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: Call for New Regional Contacts

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
On 4/13/09 11:19 AM, Fernando Fontana wrote:
> Hi Josh,
> I'm interested in being the regional contact for my country, Uruguay.
> You can contact me at this address and also at +59899639046. The local
> time here is GMT-3.

Great!  We don't have any volunteers from Uruguay.  Happy to have you
aboard; I'll add you to the list after I get back from my trip.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
www.pgexperts.com