Can someone help with analyst update?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Folks,

A tech industry analyst wants us to update PostgreSQL's information for
8.3.  This involves filling out a multi-page questionnaire in some
detail, and may require contacting some users.

Can someone help with this?  The response is due 2/2.

--Josh Berkus

Re: Can someone help with analyst update?

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
> Folks,
>
> A tech industry analyst wants us to update PostgreSQL's information for
> 8.3.  This involves filling out a multi-page questionnaire in some
> detail, and may require contacting some users.
>
> Can someone help with this?  The response is due 2/2.

I can.

--
PostgreSQL
   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Can someone help with analyst update?

From
Gregory Stark
Date:
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:

> Folks,
>
> A tech industry analyst wants us to update PostgreSQL's information for 8.3.
> This involves filling out a multi-page questionnaire in some detail, and may
> require contacting some users.
>
> Can someone help with this?  The response is due 2/2.

I'm sorry, huh? Someone called you looking for someone to do his job for him?

--
  Gregory Stark

Date:
On Wed, 2009-01-14 at 00:16 +0000, Gregory Stark wrote:
> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>
> > Folks,
> >
> > A tech industry analyst wants us to update PostgreSQL's information for 8.3.
> > This involves filling out a multi-page questionnaire in some detail, and may
> > require contacting some users.
> >
> > Can someone help with this?  The response is due 2/2.
>
> I'm sorry, huh? Someone called you looking for someone to do his job for him?

This strikes you as odd? :)

Joshua D. Drake

--

Date:
Gregory Stark wrote:
> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>
>> Folks,
>>
>> A tech industry analyst wants us to update PostgreSQL's information for 8.3.
>> This involves filling out a multi-page questionnaire in some detail, and may
>> require contacting some users.
>>
>> Can someone help with this?  The response is due 2/2.
>
> I'm sorry, huh? Someone called you looking for someone to do his job for him?

Hey, do you want the analyst to have the data about PG *we* give them,
or the data Sun/MySQL or Oracle gives them?

--Josh

Date:
On Wed, 2009-01-14 at 11:38 -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Gregory Stark wrote:
> > Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> >
> >> Folks,
> >>
> >> A tech industry analyst wants us to update PostgreSQL's information for 8.3.
> >> This involves filling out a multi-page questionnaire in some detail, and may
> >> require contacting some users.
> >>
> >> Can someone help with this?  The response is due 2/2.
> >
> > I'm sorry, huh? Someone called you looking for someone to do his job for him?
> >

> Hey, do you want the analyst to have the data about PG *we* give them,
> or the data Sun/MySQL or Oracle gives them?

Exactly.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org
   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/
   The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997

Re: Can someone help with analyst update?

From
Diogo Biazus
Date:
Em 14/01/2009, às 17:38, Josh Berkus escreveu:

> Gregory Stark wrote:
>> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>>> Folks,
>>>
>>> A tech industry analyst wants us to update PostgreSQL's
>>> information for 8.3.
>>> This involves filling out a multi-page questionnaire in some
>>> detail, and may
>>> require contacting some users.
>>>
>>> Can someone help with this?  The response is due 2/2.
>> I'm sorry, huh? Someone called you looking for someone to do his
>> job for him?
>
> Hey, do you want the analyst to have the data about PG *we* give
> them, or the data Sun/MySQL or Oracle gives them?

I can help too.

--
Diogo Biazus
diogob@gmail.com

Re: Can someone help with analyst update?

From
Emanuel Calvo Franco
Date:
2009/1/14 Diogo Biazus <diogob@gmail.com>:

> Em 14/01/2009, às 17:38, Josh Berkus escreveu:
>
>> Gregory Stark wrote:

>>> I'm sorry, huh? Someone called you looking for someone to do his job for
>>> him?
>>
>> Hey, do you want the analyst to have the data about PG *we* give them, or
>> the data Sun/MySQL or Oracle gives them?
>
> I can help too.

If i can help, why not?

> --
> Diogo Biazus
> diogob@gmail.com
> http://www.softa.com.br
> http://www.postgresql.org.br

      Emanuel Calvo Franco
   ArPUG / AOSUG Member
 Postgresql Support & Admin

Re: Can someone help with analyst update?

From
decibel
Date:
On Jan 13, 2009, at 6:20 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-01-14 at 00:16 +0000, Gregory Stark wrote:
>> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>>
>>> Folks,
>>>
>>> A tech industry analyst wants us to update PostgreSQL's
>>> information for 8.3.
>>> This involves filling out a multi-page questionnaire in some
>>> detail, and may
>>> require contacting some users.
>>>
>>> Can someone help with this?  The response is due 2/2.
>>
>> I'm sorry, huh? Someone called you looking for someone to do his
>> job for him?
>
> This strikes you as odd? :)

Actually, I bet it's SOP for the company being 'analyzed' to submit
stuff like that, especially since companies generally want analyst
coverage.
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect  decibel@decibel.org