Pulling PostgreSQL out of LISA

From
Joshua Drake
Date:
Hello,

As I wrote last week, we need people to go to LISA. I also wrote that
I would go if I had to. It has been impressed upon me by the boss that
I was wrong to suggest that. I have been away from home/office too much
in the last month. So I can not go.

Josh Berkus and David Fetter can't go either and based on the
requirement of a Guru session, we really need a high level DBA or
PostgreSQL consultant to be present.

I suggest we pull out and try again next year.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Re: Pulling PostgreSQL out of LISA

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Joshua Drake wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As I wrote last week, we need people to go to LISA. I also wrote that
> I would go if I had to. It has been impressed upon me by the boss that
> I was wrong to suggest that. I have been away from home/office too much
> in the last month. So I can not go.

Gah!  If I'd had any idea this was likely, I'd have turned down the
other speaking opportunity.  I've already bought plane tickets, though.

Note that this means we have party money which we need to use at another
event for the sponsors' sake.

--Josh

Re: Pulling PostgreSQL out of LISA

From
Dan Langille
Date:
On Oct 27, 2008, at 1:08 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Joshua Drake wrote:
>> Hello,
>> As I wrote last week, we need people to go to LISA. I also wrote that
>> I would go if I had to. It has been impressed upon me by the boss
>> that
>> I was wrong to suggest that. I have been away from home/office too
>> much
>> in the last month. So I can not go.
>
> Gah!  If I'd had any idea this was likely, I'd have turned down the
> other speaking opportunity.  I've already bought plane tickets,
> though.
>
> Note that this means we have party money which we need to use at
> another event for the sponsors' sake.

I'll be there, FWIW.

And I know at least one other Afilias employee will be there as well.

--
Dan Langille
http://langille.org/

Re: Pulling PostgreSQL out of LISA

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 10:08 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Joshua Drake wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > As I wrote last week, we need people to go to LISA. I also wrote that
> > I would go if I had to. It has been impressed upon me by the boss that
> > I was wrong to suggest that. I have been away from home/office too much
> > in the last month. So I can not go.
>
> Gah!  If I'd had any idea this was likely, I'd have turned down the
> other speaking opportunity.  I've already bought plane tickets, though.

At the time we all committed to LISA the calendars looked a lot
different.

> Note that this means we have party money which we need to use at another
> event for the sponsors' sake.

Yep, we can use it at SCALE.

Joshua D. Drake

--

Re: Pulling PostgreSQL out of LISA

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Dan,

> I'll be there, FWIW.
>
> And I know at least one other Afilias employee will be there as well.

Would you be willing to staff the booth and/or a Guru session?

--Josh

Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Dan,
>
>> I'll be there, FWIW.
>>
>> And I know at least one other Afilias employee will be there as well.
>
> Would you be willing to staff the booth and/or a Guru session?

Sure.  :)