Booth Volunteers for LISA 08 (San Diego)

From
Joshua Drake
Date:
Hello,

PostgreSQL is going to have a booth at LISA:

http://www.usenix.org/event/lisa08/
http://www.usenix.org/event/lisa08/exhibition.html

Currently we are confirmed for Joshua Drake and Richard Broeserma.
However due to an excessive travel schedule by me, it would be great to
find a few folks to replace me at this event. At a minimum we need to
add at least one more person, preferably two.

Any volunteers?

Joshua D. Drake

Re: Booth Volunteers for LISA 08 (San Diego)

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Josh,

> Currently we are confirmed for Joshua Drake and Richard Broeserma.
> However due to an excessive travel schedule by me, it would be great to
> find a few folks to replace me at this event. At a minimum we need to
> add at least one more person, preferably two.

Oh.  With me going to the government conference instead, if you pull out
of LISA we should probably cancel PostgreSQL's participation.  We really
can't do a Guru session if we're not sending any Gurus, and I'm not real
keen on not having anyone experienced in running a booth there, either.
As far as I know, Richard has participated in only one booth.

--Josh

Re: Booth Volunteers for LISA 08 (San Diego)

From
Joshua Drake
Date:
On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 10:44:57 -0700
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

> Oh.  With me going to the government conference instead, if you pull
> out of LISA we should probably cancel PostgreSQL's participation.  We
> really can't do a Guru session if we're not sending any Gurus, and
> I'm not real keen on not having anyone experienced in running a booth
> there, either. As far as I know, Richard has participated in only one
> booth.

I will go if I have to. I was just giving opportunity for others to
step up.

Joshua D. Drake

Re: Booth Volunteers for LISA 08 (San Diego)

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Josh,

> I will go if I have to. I was just giving opportunity for others to
> step up.

Ok, cool.  I already talked to David Fetter about it; unfortunately he's
been preempted by a trip to China.

Can I offer travel costs from San Francisco if I plug this on SFPUG?

--Josh

Re: Booth Volunteers for LISA 08 (San Diego)

From
"Richard Broersma"
Date:
On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 10:44 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

> We really can't
> do a Guru session if we're not sending any Gurus, and I'm not real keen on
> not having anyone experienced in running a booth there, either. As far as I
> know, Richard has participated in only one booth.

You wont get any arguments from me on this point. :)

Richard Broersma Jr.

http://pugs.postgresql.org/lapug

Re: Booth Volunteers for LISA 08 (San Diego)

From
Chander Ganesan
Date:
Joshua Drake wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 10:44:57 -0700
> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>

>> Oh.  With me going to the government conference instead, if you pull
>> out of LISA we should probably cancel PostgreSQL's participation.  We
>> really can't do a Guru session if we're not sending any Gurus, and
>> I'm not real keen on not having anyone experienced in running a booth
>> there, either. As far as I know, Richard has participated in only one
>> booth.
>>

> I will go if I have to. I was just giving opportunity for others to
> step up.

I might be able to attend, my calendar is currently free that week, but
I need to make sure I don't have a personal conflict...  I will find out
ASAP.  Not sure if that affects this...

chander