International quality standards

From
"Jaime Casanova"
Date:
Hi all,

i'm trying to find out if there are any papers or study case that
shows that postgres fullfills international standards of quality

This is for a friend of mine that has to speech about it in a
conference in Peru.

Jaime Casanova
Soporte y capacitación de PostgreSQL
Guayaquil - Ecuador
Cel. (593) 87171157

Re: International quality standards

From
Grant Allen
Date:
Jaime Casanova wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i'm trying to find out if there are any papers or study case that
> shows that postgres fullfills international standards of quality
>
> This is for a friend of mine that has to speech about it in a
> conference in Peru.

Hi Jamie,

You'll find that most quality standards, like ISO 9000/9001, CMM etc.,
apply to the organisation and processes that deliver a product or
service, rather than the product or service itself.  You might need to
look at less well recognised areas like how bugs are handled, speed to
correct vulnerabilities, and that sort of thing.

Ciao
Fuzzy
:-)
Dazed and confused about technology for 20 years
http://fuzzydata.wordpress.com/

Date:
On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 5:22 PM, Grant Allen <gxallen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jaime Casanova wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> i'm trying to find out if there are any papers or study case that
>> shows that postgres fullfills international standards of quality
>>
>> This is for a friend of mine that has to speech about it in a
>> conference in Peru.
>
> Hi Jamie,
>
> You'll find that most quality standards, like ISO 9000/9001, CMM etc., apply
> to the organisation and processes that deliver a product or service, rather
> than the product or service itself.  You might need to look at less well
> recognised areas like how bugs are handled, speed to correct
> vulnerabilities, and that sort of thing.

ok, i will re-phrase my question... is there any papers or study case
that use postgres and have been certified with a quality standard?
that, at least, shows that postgresql can be used in such environments
without a negattive effect, no?

--
regards,
Jaime Casanova
Soporte y capacitación de PostgreSQL
Guayaquil - Ecuador
Cel. (593) 87171157

Re: International quality standards

From
"Koichi Suzuki"
Date:
NTT DATA has ISO/IEC 15408-qualified PostgreSQL based on PostgreSQL 8.1.5.

The news source is:
http://www.nttdata.co.jp/en/media/2007/041100.html

It's security qualification, not quality qualification though.

2008/6/4 Jaime Casanova <systemguards@gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 5:22 PM, Grant Allen <gxallen@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Jaime Casanova wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> i'm trying to find out if there are any papers or study case that
>>> shows that postgres fullfills international standards of quality
>>>
>>> This is for a friend of mine that has to speech about it in a
>>> conference in Peru.
>>
>> Hi Jamie,
>>
>> You'll find that most quality standards, like ISO 9000/9001, CMM etc., apply
>> to the organisation and processes that deliver a product or service, rather
>> than the product or service itself.  You might need to look at less well
>> recognised areas like how bugs are handled, speed to correct
>> vulnerabilities, and that sort of thing.
>>

> ok, i will re-phrase my question... is there any papers or study case
> that use postgres and have been certified with a quality standard?
> that, at least, shows that postgresql can be used in such environments
> without a negattive effect, no?
>
> --
> regards,
> Jaime Casanova
> Soporte y capacitación de PostgreSQL
> Guayaquil - Ecuador
> Cel. (593) 87171157

------
Koichi Suzuki

Date:
Koichi Suzuki wrote:
> NTT DATA has ISO/IEC 15408-qualified PostgreSQL based on PostgreSQL 8.1.5.
>
> The news source is:
> http://www.nttdata.co.jp/en/media/2007/041100.html
>
> It's security qualification, not quality qualification though.

Good point ... thinking along those lines, a Google search for
"postgresql certification -exam" returned some interesting hits that you
might find useful, Jaime.

E.g.
PostgreSQL Achieves Coverity Quality Certification
http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.363

a little old, but still along the lines you were seeking.

Ciao
Fuzzy
:-)

Date:
On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 11:24 PM, Grant Allen <gxallen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Koichi Suzuki wrote:
>>
>> NTT DATA has ISO/IEC 15408-qualified PostgreSQL based on PostgreSQL 8.1.5.
>>
>> The news source is:
>> http://www.nttdata.co.jp/en/media/2007/041100.html
>>
>> It's security qualification, not quality qualification though.
>>

> Good point ... thinking along those lines, a Google search for "postgresql
> certification -exam" returned some interesting hits that you might find
> useful, Jaime.
>
> E.g.
> PostgreSQL Achieves Coverity Quality Certification
> http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.363
>
> a little old, but still along the lines you were seeking.

Thanks to both... those ones seems like a good start...

--
regards,
Jaime Casanova
Soporte y capacitación de PostgreSQL
Guayaquil - Ecuador
Cel. (593) 87171157

Re: International quality standards

From
"Guido Barosio"
Date:
Jaime, FYI  there is a group of postgresql users trying to get a
certification for PostgreSQL, BSD alike.

http://www.postgresqlcertification.org/

( there is a mailing list also, you may want to contact them )

gb.-

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 2:21 AM, Jaime Casanova <systemguards@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 11:24 PM, Grant Allen <gxallen@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Koichi Suzuki wrote:
>>>
>>> NTT DATA has ISO/IEC 15408-qualified PostgreSQL based on PostgreSQL 8.1.5.
>>>
>>> The news source is:
>>> http://www.nttdata.co.jp/en/media/2007/041100.html
>>>
>>> It's security qualification, not quality qualification though.
>>>

>> Good point ... thinking along those lines, a Google search for "postgresql
>> certification -exam" returned some interesting hits that you might find
>> useful, Jaime.
>>
>> E.g.
>> PostgreSQL Achieves Coverity Quality Certification
>> http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.363
>>
>> a little old, but still along the lines you were seeking.
>>

> Thanks to both... those ones seems like a good start...
>
> --
> regards,
> Jaime Casanova
> Soporte y capacitación de PostgreSQL
> Guayaquil - Ecuador
> Cel. (593) 87171157

Guido Barosio
-----------------------
http://www.globant.com
guido.barosio@globant.com

Date:
On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 12:29 AM, Guido Barosio <gbarosio@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jaime, FYI  there is a group of postgresql users trying to get a
> certification for PostgreSQL, BSD alike.
>
> http://www.postgresqlcertification.org/
>
> ( there is a mailing list also, you may want to contact them )

i'm already there

--
Atentamente,