State of PostgreSQL, BOF at OSCON?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Folks,

Who should give these things?  AFAIK, we will have lots of PostgreSQL
luminaries there: me, Bruce, Nasby, JD, Selena, Fetter, Jeff, etc.

--Josh Berkus

Re: State of PostgreSQL, BOF at OSCON?

From
"Selena Deckelmann"
Date:
On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 7:45 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

> Who should give these things?  AFAIK, we will have lots of PostgreSQL
> luminaries there: me, Bruce, Nasby, JD, Selena, Fetter, Jeff, etc.

I love lightning talks, and would enjoy giving the State Of Pg talk.
I defer to those who have being doing this for a while, though :)

I'll, of course, be there for the BoF and can help out in any way.
I'll have some special tshirts to share.

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
United States PostgreSQL Association - http://www.postgresql.us

Date:
Selena Deckelmann wrote:
> On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 7:45 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>
>> Who should give these things?  AFAIK, we will have lots of PostgreSQL
>> luminaries there: me, Bruce, Nasby, JD, Selena, Fetter, Jeff, etc.
>
> I love lightning talks, and would enjoy giving the State Of Pg talk.
> I defer to those who have being doing this for a while, though :)
>
> I'll, of course, be there for the BoF and can help out in any way.
> I'll have some special tshirts to share.

Have you filed for a BOF yet?   If not, I'd better submit one.

--Josh

Re: State of PostgreSQL, BOF at OSCON?

From
"Michael Alan Brewer"
Date:
+1 (for Selena on the lightning talk), although I'm fine with whatever
the community decides. ;)

Will be @ OSCON again this year, so I'm looking forward to the BOF (as always).

---Michael Brewer
mbrewer@gmail.com

Re: State of PostgreSQL, BOF at OSCON?

From
"Michael Alan Brewer"
Date:
If no one else has already put in for one, yeah,  I'd love to; last
year's went really well.

---Michael Brewer
mbrewer@gmail.com

Date:
Michael Alan Brewer wrote:
> +1 (for Selena on the lightning talk), although I'm fine with whatever
> the community decides. ;)
>
> Will be @ OSCON again this year, so I'm looking forward to the BOF (as always).

You going to do an education BOF?

--Josh

Date:
Michael Alan Brewer wrote:
> If no one else has already put in for one, yeah,  I'd love to; last
> year's went really well.

Put in for one.  If it's redundant, you can always cancel it.

--Josh

Date:
On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 8:04 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Selena Deckelmann wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 7:45 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Who should give these things?  AFAIK, we will have lots of PostgreSQL
>>> luminaries there: me, Bruce, Nasby, JD, Selena, Fetter, Jeff, etc.
>>
>> I love lightning talks, and would enjoy giving the State Of Pg talk.
>> I defer to those who have being doing this for a while, though :)
>>
>> I'll, of course, be there for the BoF and can help out in any way.
>> I'll have some special tshirts to share.
>
> Have you filed for a BOF yet?   If not, I'd better submit one.

It's in!

I imagine you've written the marketing bits for this before.. i'll
forward you what I wrote so that you can hack it to bits :)

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
United States PostgreSQL Association - http://www.postgresql.us
PDXPUG - http://pugs.postgresql.org/pdx
Me - http://www.chesnok.com/daily

Re: State of PostgreSQL, BOF at OSCON?

From
"Michael Alan Brewer"
Date:
Ok;  I've put in a proposal for the Open Source in Education BOF.

---Michael Brewer
mbrewer@gmail.com

Re: State of PostgreSQL, BOF at OSCON?

From
Robert Treat
Date:
On Wednesday 28 May 2008 22:58:41 Selena Deckelmann wrote:
> On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 7:45 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> > Who should give these things?  AFAIK, we will have lots of PostgreSQL
> > luminaries there: me, Bruce, Nasby, JD, Selena, Fetter, Jeff, etc.
>
> I love lightning talks, and would enjoy giving the State Of Pg talk.
> I defer to those who have being doing this for a while, though :)
>
> I'll, of course, be there for the BoF and can help out in any way.
> I'll have some special tshirts to share.

I normally put in for a BOF as part of my regular OSCon prep, but has someone
already put in for the booth? IIRC Drake usually handles that?

--
Robert Treat

Re: State of PostgreSQL, BOF at OSCON?

From
"Selena Deckelmann"
Date:
On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 8:55 AM, Robert Treat
<xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 May 2008 22:58:41 Selena Deckelmann wrote:
>> On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 7:45 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> > Who should give these things?  AFAIK, we will have lots of PostgreSQL
>> > luminaries there: me, Bruce, Nasby, JD, Selena, Fetter, Jeff, etc.
>>
>> I love lightning talks, and would enjoy giving the State Of Pg talk.
>> I defer to those who have being doing this for a while, though :)
>>
>> I'll, of course, be there for the BoF and can help out in any way.
>> I'll have some special tshirts to share.
>>

> I normally put in for a BOF as part of my regular OSCon prep, but has someone
> already put in for the booth? IIRC Drake usually handles that?

Oops!  Sorry, Robert.  I put the request in already.  I mentioned all
the regular suspects by name, and I'll see if I can add a few of you
to the talk.

JD had requested the booth already.  Gabrielle Roth was going to
manage volunteers and booth setup this year.

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
United States PostgreSQL Association - http://www.postgresql.us
PDXPUG - http://pugs.postgresql.org/pdx
Me - http://www.chesnok.com/daily

Re: State of PostgreSQL, BOF at OSCON?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Robert,

> I normally put in for a BOF as part of my regular OSCon prep, but has someone
> already put in for the booth? IIRC Drake usually handles that?

Selena already put in for the BOF.  I think JD took care of the booth, yes?

--Josh

Date:
On Thursday 29 May 2008 12:03:15 Selena Deckelmann wrote:
> On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 8:55 AM, Robert Treat
>
> <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> I love lightning talks, and would enjoy giving the State Of Pg talk.
> >> I defer to those who have being doing this for a while, though :)
> >>
> >> I'll, of course, be there for the BoF and can help out in any way.
> >> I'll have some special tshirts to share.
> >
> > I normally put in for a BOF as part of my regular OSCon prep, but has
> > someone already put in for the booth? IIRC Drake usually handles that?
>
> Oops!  Sorry, Robert.  I put the request in already.  I mentioned all
> the regular suspects by name, and I'll see if I can add a few of you
> to the talk.

No problem... note that the "State of" talk occures during the conference
proper, during a "state of projects" lightning talk session starting Thursday
morning.  The BOF itself happens after hours (you should angle for Thursday
@7:30PM if possible), and as long as we have one designated contact, we can
do whatever we want during that time.

> JD had requested the booth already.  Gabrielle Roth was going to
> manage volunteers and booth setup this year.

cool.

--
Robert Treat

Re: State of PostgreSQL, BOF at OSCON?

From
"Joshua D. Drake"

On Thu, 2008-05-29 at 09:20 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Robert,
>
> > I normally put in for a BOF as part of my regular OSCon prep, but has someone
> > already put in for the booth? IIRC Drake usually handles that?
> >

> Selena already put in for the BOF.  I think JD took care of the booth, yes?

Booth is long done.

Joshua D. Drake

> --Josh

Re: State of PostgreSQL, BOF at OSCON?

From
"Michael Alan Brewer"
Date:
OS in EDU BOF's been accepted and scheduled for 7PM on the 24th;  this
doesn't conflict with any PostgreSQL-related BOFs, does it (now that
our BOF's on Wednesday night)?

---Michael Brewer
mbrewer@gmail.com