Elephant logs

From
Tatsuo Ishii
Date:
Hi,

Someone who is going to have a booth at Linux World Tokyo asked me if
it's ok to use Elephant logs
(http://www.postgresql.org/community/propaganda,
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/graphics/) on their booth. I believe
it's ok and no permissions, no credits are required to use them.

Can someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan

Re: Elephant logs

From
Andrew Sullivan
Date:
On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 08:48:27AM +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Someone who is going to have a booth at Linux World Tokyo asked me if
> it's ok to use Elephant logs
> (http://www.postgresql.org/community/propaganda,
> http://pgfoundry.org/projects/graphics/) on their booth. I believe
> it's ok and no permissions, no credits are required to use them.

The license on the 1st of those pages says it's creative commons with
attribution and share alike.  So it would seem you _do_ need to put
credits, although you need no further permissions.  Alas, the web page
doesn't say how you are supposed to perform the attribution.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@commandprompt.com
+1 503 667 4564 x104
http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Elephant logs

From
Tatsuo Ishii
Date:
> > Someone who is going to have a booth at Linux World Tokyo asked me if
> > it's ok to use Elephant logs
> > (http://www.postgresql.org/community/propaganda,
> > http://pgfoundry.org/projects/graphics/) on their booth. I believe
> > it's ok and no permissions, no credits are required to use them.
>
> The license on the 1st of those pages says it's creative commons with
> attribution and share alike.  So it would seem you _do_ need to put
> credits, although you need no further permissions.  Alas, the web page
> doesn't say how you are supposed to perform the attribution.

Ok. So using 2nd seems to be safer than 1st.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan